the fourth

-

dear toni,

i was definitely remember the workaholic in this relationship. i still remember all the times i would literally be passed out in front of my laptop, my documents sprawled out around me with drool coming out of my mouth. and then in the morning i would be confused to find myself in our bed, comfortably beside you?

the fairy lights around my office desk would be turned off and the natural light would be seeping through the curtains in our room. you look fresh, as if you had taken a shower just before you slept. you must have returned from training and thought it would do me good to have a proper sleep. i never realised you got home.

and, i remember the peaceful look on your face, and finally understanding what it means when they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder because in tousled sheets and messy hair you looked like an angel.

and when we used to fall asleep to the sound of each others voices, waking up to finding out that you had never ended the call when you were away for your matches.

every night i sleep the memories and thoughts consume me, duelling with me in both my dreams and nightmares.

surely it must have meant something to you.

but now it doesn't feel like it. feels like it was nothing at all.

love,

from munich.