the sixth

please comment and vote!

dear toni,

you were a big fan of love.

quiet, reserved, yet not afraid to love.

you loved your family, you loved your friends, you had the best bonds with your teammates. you used to tell me about all the people at the training centre, the chefs and the cleaners and the ground supervisors and the receptionist and more. they loved you too, since you were kind and sincere, humble yet assuring. you were the nicest guy. that's why whenever i went to drop you off while i went to work, or just come to see you in general, all these people used to be nice to me. i was your partner, and that was already a good enough reference for them.

everyone loved you.

you were the love of my life. i'll go as far to say that you still are, a whole year on.

so it's all the more baffling when the guy that used to leave you letters and texts and flowers and chocolates and hugs and kisses suddenly decided one day that he has had enough of love.

and he calls you while he's abroad and you're at home meeting with his family telling you that he doesn't see it working anymore.

and that lover boy fell out of love.

your family were left embarrassed, and with their mouths open in shock and surprise. it felt like the biggest joke.

worst part of it all is that it still feels like a joke. that you will turn up one day and tell me that it was all a big prank and you are going to keep your promises and we are going to have that wedding and that house with kids and a few cats running around.

after all, i am still a fool for you.

love, it feels ironic signing off like this,

from munich.