Chapter Four

"How the hell are we all supposed to fit in this tiny ass car? We have us, this kid if he says yes, and Erik." I asked from the backseat. "I'm claustrophobic."

"Well, that's unfortunate considering your powers." Logan mentioned. 

I rolled my eyes and bit the inside of my bottom lip. "Why do we need Peter? I can walk throu-" 

"No." Was all Hank said from beside me. 

 I narrowed my eyes at him before looking back to the front seat. "Where does this kid live anyway?" I asked just before Charles slammed his foot on the brakes, causing my to hit my head on the seat in front of me. "I guess here." I paused, leaning into the front seat to look Charles in the eyes. "Should you even be driving?" 

Charles looked at me for a moment, his eyes darting left and right as he studied my face. "Don't worry, I, unlike some people, would never put a friend in danger." He said before putting his hand on top of my head and messing my hair up. After that, he got out of the car as quickly as possible to escape my wrath. 

I sighed, looking into the rearview mirror to fix my hair, smiling when it once again looked perfect. I opened the passenger door and stepped out into the mild air outside before walking up to the door to regroup with the boys. Logan knocked on the door gently, not wanting to seem hostile to the people inside. The door opened shortly after and my act began. "Hello, you must be Mrs. Maximoff. Would Peter happen to be around anywhere?" I asked with a friendly tone. 

The woman over all of us and she sighed. "What's he done now? I'll just write you a check for whatever he took." 

I shook my head and gave a fake smile. "No, no! It's nothing like that, we just need to talk to him." I assured. 

She nodded and opened the door wider to let us in, leading us towards the basement door. "Peter! The cops are here!" She shouted down to him. "Again..." She mumbled. She then opened the door to the basement and gestured for us to go down. 

As we walked down the stairs, the first thing I noticed was all of the objects that I guess Peter had stolen littering the room. My eyes widened when I saw him, or who I was pretty certain was him at least. He was playing table tennis, only he was playing alone with super speed. I let out an impressed whistle and he glanced over at us. 

"What do you guys want? I didn't do anything." He said, suddenly appearing behind us on the couch. "I've been here all day." He said with a smug look on his face. 

"Just relax, Peter. We're not the cops." Logan explained. 

The boy breathed out a laugh, looking up at the four of us. "Of course you're not. If you were, you wouldn't be driving a rental car." 

"How did you-" I began, getting cut off by Peter. 

"I checked you registration when you were walking to the door. I also had some time to kill, so I went through your rental agreement. Saw you were from out of town. Are you FBI?" He rambled, appearing across from us with Charles's wallet in his hand. "No you're not cops." He pointed out, looking at a card. "Hey, what's with this gifted youngsters place?" He asked before dropping both the wallet and card to the floor. 

"He's brilliant..." I muttered. 

Charles scoffed, picking up his items. "He's a pain in the arse." 

"A teleporter?" Hank asked, clearly as amazed as I was. Maybe a little more.

"No, he's just fast. And when I knew him he wasn't so... young." Logan explained. 

"Young? You're just old." Peter shot back. 

"How come you're not afraid to show your powers?" I asked while folding my arms over my stomach. 

Peter smirked, a mischievous look in his eye. "What powers? What're you talking about? Do you see something strange here? Nothing anyone would believe if you told them." He said before appearing in front of an arcade machine. "So who are you? What do you want?"

"Because we need your help." I said. 

"For what?" The silver haired teen asked.

"To break into a highly secured facility to get someone out." Logan answered. 

"Prison break? That's illegal, you know." Peter said with a cocky attitude. 

I looked around the room, once again examining all of the items. "Only if you get caught, which I'm sure you won't considering..." I said, smirking at my statement. 

"What's in it for me?" He asked, continuing to play the arcade game. 

"You, you little kleptomaniac, get to break into the Pentagon." Charles explained while rubbing his eye. 

Peter turned to us, a surprised look in his eyes. "How do I know I can trust you?" 

"Because, we're just like you." Logan said.

Charles nodded, looking to Logan. "Show him." 

Logan obeyed, clenching his hand into a fist. I watched on with a disgusted yet amazed look on my face as bones in the shape of claws ripped through. 

Peter had  pretty much the same expression that I did at this presentation. "That's cool, but disgusting." 

I chuckled, looking to the boy. "So, are you up for this?" I asked with a friendly tone. 

Peter looked to me, a small smirk forming on his lips. "Of course."