Epilogue

A/N: I don't even know if this is an Epilogue, I just want you guys to understand the prologue of the next book when it's up Monday lmao 

Then: Two Weeks After 

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?" Hank asked me as I made my way down the steps with my bags in my hands. 

"I'm sure." I paused, dropping them with a 'thud' before turning to him. "It's not going to be forever, Hank." I reassured. "I just want to be on my own for a while.. I'm not a kid anymore." 

He nodded, pulling me into a hug. "Be safe, alright?" 

I chuckled into his chest, my arms tightening around him. "Of course." 

Now: One Year After

I awoke startled at the loud knocking on the front door of my house, confused since it was around three in the morning. I quickly made my way out of bed, turning on the lights and throwing on a sweatshirt on my way towards the source of the knocking. I jogged over, opening it quickly. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. "What are-...How?" I asked the very injured Erik that stood before me, leaning against my doorframe for support. "How did you find me?"

"I needed to... to find-" He cut off, suddenly falling over and into my arms, making me lose my balance. I grunted as I fell to the floor with his body overtop my own only increasing the pain from the impact. I sighed, throwing my head back and hitting it on the floor beneath me. "Boy am I in for a treat..." 

--Skip--

I had my arms crossed over my chest as I looked down at an unconscious Erik laying in my bed. It had taken some strong effort, but I eventually managed to move him into my bedroom. For such a fit man, he was heavy as hell. My eyes scanned over his shirtless form as I had to remove it to clean his wounds. My eyes wandered down to his arm, stopping on a marking I hadn't noticed before. I traced my index finger over the fading numbers, jumping when a hand snatched my wrist. 

"Your hands are cold." Erik said through the silence. "What are you doing?" 

I pulled my arm back to myself, chuckling emotionlessly. "What am I doing? You're the one who showed up at my house looking like you've been through hell and back!" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, laying across his legs since they were behind me. "How did you even find me? My own brother doesn't even know." 

"I had to find you." He said quietly, his hand making it's way into my hair. 

I sat up, careful not to hurt him. "Why?"

His hands found my hips and he pulled me onto him so that I was straddling his waist. "I realized something..." He paused, pulling my face down to his own. "I love you..." 

Erik pulled my face closer so that our lips were barely brushing each other. "How would you know that?" I asked, closing my eyes. "You can't know if you love me..." I finished in a whisper. Erik's hand trailed down my back, snaking up my shirt. I inhaled sharply, my nails digging into the back of his neck. "And you say I have cold hands."

"I know." He said abruptly. 

"You know what?" I asked, leaning in further. 

"I can't stop thinking about you... You tried to see the good in me." He paused and ran a hand through my hair. "That's how I know." He mumbled. 

I smiled softly even though he couldn't see before I leaned in all the way, our lips touching. "I love you, too.