Chapter Five

A/N: This chapter is short but sweet <3 

"Built in 1943, the Pentagon is the world's largest office building, housing more than 25,000 military employees stretched out over six million square feet." The tour guide informed everyone in the group we were blending into. 

My eyes scanned around us, looking for the kitchen entrance to alert Charles and Logan. After a few seconds, I saw the sign and put a hand on both of their shoulders. "This is where we part ways, try not to die." I said with a smile before pushing them off in the direction of the kitchen. I rejoined Hank after their departure, looking around us as he reprogrammed the security systems. I leaned over his shoulder, whispering, "I could have just destroyed the cameras to save you some trouble." 

He shook his head, glancing at me from the corner of his eye. "No, we want to be as inconspicuous as possible. That would put up some red flags." He whispered back. 

I popped my lips and ran my tongue against the back of my front teeth. "So really, I'm just here as your guard?" 

Hank shook his head as we walked behind the tour group. "No, you're also plan B." 

I rolled my eyes but nodded anyways. Plan B was better than nothing. I looked down to my watch, seeing that enough time had passed for Hank to set the sprinklers off in the kitchen. "Let it rain." I said quietly and watched on as he pressed some buttons on the radio monitor. 

"Alright, let's go." Hank spoke up after a minute or two, pulling me along with him as we escaped to the car. 

I leaned up against the car, my head pointed towards the ground as I looked over the different colored rocks on the ground while we waited. I pursed my lips, becoming impatient after about twenty minutes passed, but I sighed in relief when I heard the men approaching. "Took you long enou-..." I stopped myself once I looked up and saw that they had successfully gotten Erik out. 

"You're alive." He breathed out, taking a few steps forward. I copied his action so that we were almost chest to chest. 

"Of course I'm alive I-" Hank cleared his throat from behind us, and Charles just looked plain annoyed since he still hasn't forgiven Erik. My heart began to beat at an abnormal rate and I backed away from Erik, looking over the group that stood in front of me. "Let's go then, shall we?" I sputtered, getting into the car and belting myself in. 

A/N: Unfortunately, this is all I have time to write today... I will write tomorrow though, don't you worry!