Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"So basically, that's why I hate Grey's Anatomy." Alexion concluded and I tried not to laugh at his explanation for the weird American drama he was talking about. I had never actually seen it, but Alexion made me glad I didn't. I wasn't particularly into such things.

"What sort of things do you watch? I noticed there was a television in the other room." Alexion said, referring to the older style television set in Kyros's room. I smiled lightly at that, cupping my mug of warm mint tea in my hands.

"We used to watch action and adventure movies," I replied, making Alexion tilt his head with interest, "I couldn't really get any of the newer movies, but that was all right with me. I just liked being able to relax once in a while. We mostly watched Batman or Indiana Jones, and Lord of the Rings was one of my favorites. I enjoy movies with that setting and scenery. I've always wanted to be in a place with a lot of trees." I didn't tell him why exactly, because it was pathetic. Having trees around seemed like it would give me the illusion that there were people around who weren't trying to leave me. Trees just stayed put and didn't ask for anything.

Blaine agreed with me, but it made sense considering he was a faerie. He had a natural affinity with nature and it was why he had turned Cerberus's backyard into a garden utopia. He planted several new trees, all of whom he enjoyed talking to. I wasn't sure how that worked, but I assumed it had something to do with his faerie abilities.

"It's getting late," Alexion said, a frown working onto his face as he looked at the clock, "I don't want to hold you up more than I already have. I might already be asleep when you get back. I'll leave something on the stove for you." I nodded as he got up and went to do the dishes. I watched him for a moment, the way he seemed so comfortable doing this, as if he'd been doing it a hundred times.

"Alexion?" I dared to ask. He didn't look up.

"Yeah?"

"... Thank you for staying here." I murmured and quickly vanished before he could say anything or see how embarrassed I was at confessing, in a less conspicuous manner, that I enjoyed his company.

I appeared in Inferi, just outside of Malachi's home, pulling my hood up over my head. Inferi was an incredibly rainy city. The air was chilly, my breath coming out in little clouds. I didn't bother knocking, mostly because I didn't want him to notice me, not that that was a problem. Malachi barely noticed me a good portion of the time. I entered his home, into the large rounded lobby. Black leather seats ran the length of it and a sleek front desk sat off the left, a giant archway leading to a hallway that led to other hallways. There were no other doors in Malachi's home, as he was paranoid and preferred teleportation.

I wasn't the first one there either.

Cain and Abel were already present. Abel was still dressed in his biker outfit from earlier while Cain very flamboyantly decked himself out in a tight red Chinese-style corset with a small decorated jacket with long sleeves, and tight black leather pants to his spiked heels. His hair was shorter than Abel's, his bangs swept across his forehead and the ends of his hair flipping slightly, just under his ears. And while Abel's was navy, Cain's was their natural chestnut shade. Cain leaned on the front desk, arms folded over his chest and his head held up high and arrogant. Abel was leaning on him, making kissing noises that were very obviously annoying Cain, but Cain seemed to rein in his temper where Abel was concerned and only stuck his tongue out at Abel, who said something about buying him a wuffle.

Wuffles being small toy hellhounds.

Theo and Sept were also present in the lobby. Theo, despite all of his obnoxious and irritating traits, was exotically beautiful. His fly away hair was a deep, bloody red shade, tousled as if he couldn't be bothered to brush it. He wore his black and red cloak over his naked shoulders, a pair of brown leather pants and tall black boots finishing off his attire. His red eyes used to scan everyone and everything in the room, but now they were trained on Sept, who was muttering something as he poked impatiently at a small handheld electronic.