Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"You don't stand a chance," Alexion told Prometheus firmly, "Two primordial gods against a Titan? You'll fall flat on your face in minutes." Prometheus curled his lip.

"Enough talking, whelp!" He snarled, then flung his hand out and sent a blast of power that sent the papers twirling around in a tornado before settling again. Alexion smirked, then glanced at me.

"Charon, keep looking for those papers. I'll handle this asshole." He informed. I nodded, watching him turn and head for Prometheus, who lunged at him angrily. I quickly turned away, dropping down onto my knees and quickly sliding papers around to try and find Daedalus's notes. I picked up the paper that held the information about Hannibal's birth and pocketed that for future use before I went back to scattering papers in search of the ritual breaker.

Behind me, I could hear Alexion clashing with Prometheus, and Xenon and Hades beating each other senseless. Part of me wanted to do something to help them. That was Hades and Alexion. Both of whom, despite some rocky beginnings, had stuck by me the longest. I gritted my teeth. But I wasn't a fighter, and I knew that. Granted, I could use a lot of magic, but not enough to take them down. I was old, but certainly not that old and from the looks of it, Alexion really wanted to beat the living crap out of Prometheus without any help.

The only thing I could do right now was find those papers. I had to find out how to break the ritual bindings. I brushed aside some more papers until something caught my eye and I lifted a page to stare at it, studying the inscription.

"Alexion," I exclaimed, looking up from the paper, "I found it, but I need Hannibal to make it work!"

"Malachi took him," Hades said, shoving Xenon back and taking a few steps back himself, breathing hard, wiping blood from the corner of his mouth with his thumb, "They're back at my palace. I opened up the barrier so you can enter, but just long enough to do that. Once you're in, you can't get back out, even if you try." I nodded, getting to my feet quickly.

"Alexion, we need to go." I said. Alexion nodded, struggling to push Prometheus back when he went to hit him with a chair. Alexion ducked and the chair splintered against the far wall.

"I'll be there in a sec." He told me, then kneed Prometheus in the groin and made him choke in pain, crashing to the floor. Alexion sprinted over to me, grabbing me quite possessively around the waist, which caught me off guard, before we teleported from the labyrinth to Hades's palace, appearing in the throne room.

Where Cain was fighting against both Abel and Cerberus to get to Hannibal, who stood across the room from him with a blank expression, Zelios and Malachi standing between them.

"Get off me! I'm going to rip him to little bloody pieces and burn those pieces and send his ashes to Tartarus where the two-faced shit belongs!" Cain was shouting, squirming and trying to elbow Abel back. I blinked, coming toward them.

"Stop! Cain, enough." I added, making him glare at me incredulously.

"Don't make me regret saving you," Cain warned angrily, jerking at Abel's grip, "Don't defend him to me! He's a sick twisted bastard that deserves eternal punishment!" I felt something in me snap as I glared at him, coming to stand in front of him, which seemed to catch him off guard because he stepped back, bumping into Abel.

"Hades chose me to be the judger of souls. I may ferry them, but I judge them as well and Hannibal is not the monster you think he is. He has made plenty of mistakes, but everyone does. You should know that full well considering how cruelly you've treated your own brother, and lover. So for once in your life, Cain, shut up, or I'll make you shut up." I snapped. Cain stared at me in disbelief. Abel looked uncomfortable, reaching out to take Cain's hand and giving it a squeeze. Cain clenched his teeth, but didn't try to go for Hannibal's throat now. He just glared at me, probably directing all that raw hatred on me, but I didn't particularly care for it right now.