4. Stood up

I looked around my new living room. I now officially had a wonderful apartment in the heart of West London. A dream come true. I mean, I had lived in London before for my university days but my accommodation was no where near as beautiful and large as this place. It was efficient, clean and so spacious. I looked outside the apartment flat which had large windows and a fairly good sized balcony to enjoy the wonderful view of the river Thames, the view of the buildings and the city was breath-taking. It was a double two bedroom on the 4th floor of the new building on the Greenwich. During the night, the city was illuminated with light and colour. It wasn't that far from Zaid's office nor my new job.

Designing the flat was finally over and after going through all those home magazines, taking bits out of here and there and all the stress to get it right, I was glad. Luckily, Zaid had left me to my own devices -budget free. I had designed the master bedroom in white and red with all white vintage furniture and the best part was my dressing table! The guestroom was normal but a welcoming and comfy room with neutral colours. The living room was  urban feel to it and colour coded black and white. My kitchen was also black and white with granite worktops. Everything was so perfect and new. All in order.

'You should become an interior designer.' Zaid said, creeping up to me and putting his arms around my waist and kissing my neck.

'Hmm, maybe one day. But right now I need to focus on my new job. I got the confirmation email today!' I said excitedly. I felt excited even though I was just going to face another group of 'too cool for school' teenagers.

’Congratulations.’ Zaid said giving me a kiss and I kissed him back, eagerly as always which led us to the bedroom. I could never get enough of him and I wondered if I ever will. Hopefully not.

'Time for work already. Need to shower.' Zaid said as he got up from the bed. I watched  his fine muscular body went to the bathroom. Guess what, he did have a totally toned abs and the crazy v shape of the hips.  I smiled as I lay in bed. It had only taken me a few weeks to totally fall in love with Zaid. Was it crazy? To me definitely not. I had had faith in God and he had accepted my prayers. It hadn't been love at first sight like all those novels, but I could easily and guilt-free say that I was in love with my husband correctly with the happiness of my family as well. I hadn't said the words yet, but I was going to some day very soon. I wondered if he returned the feelings, if he was as happy as me. He was a great listener and we just got each other. Call it a match made in heaven. I had everything a girl could ask for, Alhamdulillah (praise be to God).

 'What you thinking about?' Zaid said, coming and sitting next to me. putting his socks on, smelling of expensive cologne.

'Nothing, except for how lucky I am.' I said biting my lips trying to hold my grin. He smiled his sexy grin.

'Well you are... and so am I.' He said huskily kissing me softly. 'Not I better be off before my gorgeous Mrs gets me late.'

'Don't forget our reservation at 8pm. Don't be late.' I said as he rushed out.

'Inshallah I won't be. See you later. Salaam.'

                                                          ************************

'Another drink?' The pretty waitress said with a sympathetic smile as if she had seen my sordid situation  many times and she probably had.

'Ah, no thank you, I think I'll just have the bill.' I said mortified. I had left him a dozen messages but no answer. It was now 9.30pm and I had finally given up waiting.

I looked around the romantic and dimly lit setting in front of me. Everyone is pairs or more. No one alone except for me. Argh, what had kept him. It was not all like Zaid. He was always punctual, not a minute late ever.