16. Yusufs engagement party Part. 2

PEACE guys. I know its been a while and I feel so guilty for taking so long. I was going to write more but then thought otherwise because then it'd be too long and I feel bad for leaving you wonderful people waiting. Believe me when I say that I am always thinking of lines to write or the dialogues to use, but homework and things like that just get in the way and I find it difficult to find time to write it all down. I feel like I'm going on forever so I'll stop. Please vote and comment. Thank you for your patience and I hope you like it. 

PS. Got a very important interview coming up this week. Pray for me xx

 I walked slowly forward, my heels crunching on the golden gravel and a smile plastered on my face. I had turned a corner, so Zaid was out of the view and unable see my unwanted encounter. It took a lot for me to dislike  someone and as much as I hated to say it, I seriously utterly disliked this girl who was gliding towards me like a swan in her beautiful cream dress. Sonya Hassan. She was  beautiful: tall, flawless, and the she always had the latest, prettiest headscarves pinned on neatly. But it was her personality that ruined her, towards me anyway. God knows how she was towards others, but for some reason, she always had it in for me and I never knew why?

She had been there during primary school, secondary school and fortunately not in my sixth-form or university. Our parent's were good friends and they expected us to be, but that was impossible. Parents made everything into a competition and whilst I tried my best and wished her well, she made sure it stayed a competition: sabotaging me, lying and discreetly humiliating me. 

Now thinking about it, it was bullying and I had been too naïve to understand that. I mean, it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I had friends and she kind of had a few too. Her outer later was like that of a flower but her inner bitter and raw.  I wasn't jealous, I had no reason to be? God granted everyone weaknesses and strengths. I was happy and had everything I need and so did she. Why would I wish another Muslim sister bad? I smiled to her despite my dislike towards her because you can't be openly hostile to someone. It was rude and unmannerly, hence I was not a two-faced cow.

'Zara, Asalamualaikum.' She screeched and embraced me and I awkwardly embraced her back. 'Been such a long time. We so need to catch up.' I nodded dumb folded by her hug and the fact that she was being nice to me? And she even looked a little happy to see me. Maybe she had changed for the best.

'Er, sure. WHat are you doing here?'

'Oh, my husband is a friends of Hanna's brother or something... along that lines.'

I nodded slowly, I had thought only close family were attending.

'So you know Hanna then? How is she like?'

Sonya's eyes narrowed.

'What? You mean you haven't even met her yet.'

'Not exactly, I've been really busy in London and haven't had a chance to come down for a bit. How's everything going for you?' I asked changing the subject; a subject the old Sonya loved to talk about: herself and as soon as the words escpaed my mouth, i regretted it terribly.

'Absolutely PERFECT!  I have the most perfect husband ever. the perfect house ever, and most certainly the best job ever....Alhamudulillah.' She quickly added and smiled another great big smile which I could see didn't exactly meet her small eyes. Somethings never change!

 'What about you? I hear your a teacher, that must be such a bore. I never thought you, the bright girl you were, would become a teacher. I guess once a loser always a loser.'  she said distastefully laughing. Yep, and ladies and gentleman, there it was! The not so subtle,sly remarks that made me want to punch her. Luckily there was no-one around to witness our haughty exchange.