13. Realising

Zaid's P.O.V

I've got what I wanted. I proved my parents wrong.  Finally after all these months of trying and behaving like an asshole, Zara had asked for a divorce. But why did it feel so wrong?  I phoned to tell Jasmin the news. Yusuf was going to kill me. Before the marriage he gave me the brotherly talk to look after his sister etc. but he looked serious when he threatened to murder me if I hurt her. And I had done exactly that. Guilt was eating away at me.The consequences were going to be deadly. But it didn't matter anymore. A few months and I was going to be free and be with the women I truly loved- Jasmin. Just saying her name made me feel easy.

'Hi can we meet up? I have something very important to tell you.'

'Er. I'm sorry can't...I'm really busy.' I strained to hear her alluring voice due to the loud background noise.She had that type of voice that made even the trivial things sound important and magical.

'But its really important.'

'Well, hold it. Don't spoil the surprise and tell me...tomorrow.'  and the line went dead. It was ok. I could wait a day. That night my bed felt so empty. I somehow missed Zara's petite frame next to me, her warmth and her sweet vanilla smell. Stop. I ordered myself. I would be with Jasmin in a few months.

Tomorrow couldn't come any faster. I woke up and found the house empty, nonetheless my breakfast and travel mug was ready. I smiled as I sipped my coffee. She was true to her word. I shoved aside the thoughts. I had booked a top notch restaurant, a table for two for me and Jasmin. I wanted it to be the perfect moment in the perfect atmosphere to tell her.

 I stared at the flowers in front of me as I waited for her to arrive and she was running super late. Is this what it felt like for Zara having to wait for me all the time? I felt bad. Flowers were something Zara loved. I never understood why she and many women loved flowers so much, but looking at them now so carefully, they were indeed perfect and another of  God's amazing creations. I looked around as everyone seemed engrossed in each other or the food in front of them. This place was dimly lit, adding to the intimacy of the place. It was nice and romantic.

Finally Jasmin arrived, bustling in. She was still in her office work which was a little disappointing but  most women put effort into whatever they wear anyway, so I wasn't complaining. She still looked so damn good. Her hair shone and her lips, red as blood.

'Sorry honey, I'm late. The office was going crazy.'

'It's ok. I've ordered the chefs speci-,'

'Ah, sorry,' She interrupted me as she sat down, 'Can we re-order? I feel like having a small chicken salad. I don't know why I feel so full today?' She always felt full despite eating nothing.

I hadn't realised how opposite she was compared to Zara. Zara wasn't the salad type and ate properly. Jasmin was tall, strong  and all business like. Stunning.  Zara was petite, delicate and beautiful. Jasmin had straight brunette hair and small  green eyes whereas Zara's had wavy caramel hair and big sparkly chocolaty brown eyes I loved. Ok, what the hell was I doing? I was sitting here with my wife-to-be and all I could think about was my current wife. My thoughts were preoccupied with Zara.

'So what's the special news?'

'Zara asked for a divorce.' I smiled.

'What! No way. Honey I am so glad.' She looked glad but not as happy as I felt.

'We can finally be together but in a few months. She wants it after her brothers wedding.'

'Seriously! We've been waiting for like forever. Who cares about her brother. She asked, now give it.' Jasmin demanded like a spoilt child. God, I hated It when she acted like this.