Neymar Jr // Gold

Today was a very special day to all of us, therefore we were intensively nervous. I wasn't even the one in the field, fighting for the gold medal and still I felt like I was going mad from the nerves.

My boyfriend acted really cool and like today was like any other day but I knew that deep inside of him, he was feeling the nerves.

Not only the Brazilian team had the chance to win the gold for his country and win the Olympics but they also could beat Germany after that game that humiliated them two years ago. This was some kind of revenge. Of course they didn't plan to score seven goals and make it equal but winning, even by just 1-0, would be enough.

I wasn't born here in Brazil but my family moved because of my mum's job and I lived in here until I was eighteen, so I considered myself more Brazilian than anything else. Afterwards I moved to Germany to study, and on my third year I had the opportunity to study one semester in Barcelona, Spain and that's when I met my childhood friend again.

I hadn't seen Neymar since I was sixteen, we were best friends, we met at school. He was my very first friend when I moved to Brazil, he was the only that didn't make fun of the way I talked in Portuguese, since it wasn't my mother tongue.

When I met him in Spain we sort of reconnected, we couldn't stop talking, we couldn't be apart from the other, so when I moved back to Germany to finish my career, it was hard for both of us and we hadn't even started dating then.

It was on the day of my graduation, I was called to receive my diploma when I saw him. I ran down the stage and went to hug him, and that's when he kissed me for the very first time and we became a couple.

A few weeks later I had everything ready to move to Barcelona, we decided this was the best for both and I was more than excited, that was a year and two months ago, and without doubts, I have been the happiest ever seen.

My train of thoughts was interrupted by the cheers of the people in the stadium, Neymar had scored a goal, putting Brazil 1-0 up. Neymar spotted me in the crowd and blew me a kiss before the match resumed, I smiled and blew him another kiss in return and showed him both my thumbs up.

But unfortunately the happiness and joy only lasted around half an hour, because Germany got to tie the match, after lots of unsuccessful tries.

That's when I started to bite my nails and fidget in my seat, my friend next to me was starting to lose her patience, snapping my hand out of my mouth.

"Can't help it!" I exclaimed in my defence, as I kept biting my nails.

I and every Brazilian, including the players kept suffering for the rest of the second half, and two extra times. The games ended 1-1, so the winner had to be decided through the nerve-wrecking penalties.

One after one they set themselves in front of the goal and shoot, succeeding each time. By now they were 4-4, and I was beyond nervous now, Neymar hadn't hit yet. He was going to be the last one of Brazil's team to kick.

I couldn't help but scream out of excitement when the German young player missed. The goalkeeper got to stop the shot and now we were still 4-4, but we had an advantage. We hadn't won yet but I was confident in my boyfriend, if someone could do this, that was him.

I saw how Neymar got to centre of the area, put the ball down after he kissed it, and slowly he walked backwards. I think I held my breath then, just waiting and looking at Neymar's every move. He finally accelerated and kicked the ball, a second later, the ball was in the end of the goal and the stadium had erupted in cheers and claps. They had won, Neymar won, Brazil did it.

Neymar fell to his knees as he covered his face with his hands and his teammates approached him to celebrate. Then Neymar stood up, said something to them before running in my direction. I smiled brightly at him and waited for him with opened arms.

When he got to me, I embraced him tightly and he immediately went in for the kiss, not even giving me time to congratulate him. He slowly lowered his hands from my cheeks to my shoulders and then to my stomach.

There had been rumours but no one had been able to confirm if I was indeed pregnant, and Neymar hadn't really talked about it. I managed to hide it from the world since I started to show at three months. So, it's been four months of wearing nothing but loose and dark clothes and trying to not go out as much, I didn't need that kind of stress the paparazzi make you feel.

But now that Neymar's hands were on top of stomach, it was quite evident, and if people still had doubts by then, he broke the kiss, smiled at me and then he kissed my stomach over the clothes, before he wrapped me in his arms and pecked my lips.

Neymar was the hero of the match and I couldn't be prouder. And he was the happiest when he and his teammates got their medals, maybe it wasn't a 7-1, but they won, which was the goal from the start.

The Olympics were over but Neymar and I had decided to stay a few days longer in the place that was our home for several years and it was where we met, it was where our story began when we were just six years old.

We were walking on the beach just before sunset when something unexpected happened. I crouched down in pain, I tried to ignore it but I felt it again. Neymar quickly got me to the rented car we had and rushed me to the hospital.

I was in severe pain and very scared, Neymar was too, he looked like he had seen a ghost that wanted him dead but he tried to not freak out, he was far from succeeding though.

The doctors checked me and after some minutes they realized I was in labour and there was no way of stopping it.

"But I'm only seven months," I cried. "It can't be born yet!"

"We're sorry but the baby wants to come today, unfortunately we can't stop it."

They took me to the delivery room and after only an hour our baby was born, the doctors checked the newborn and quickly took it away from me, I panicked.

"What's wrong?" I kept repeating.

Neymar stood up by me in complete shock, he only looked at the doctors without moving. I wanted to stand up and see my baby but the nurses kept me down, telling me I couldn't just stand up now.

After some minutes the doctor approached us, his expression was unreadable, and that worried me, at the moment everything worried me.

"Your baby seems to be in great shape for being born so early, we still want to keep her in an incubator and monitor her for the following days, just to be sure," he told me, making me feel a bit better.

"Her?" I heard Neymar asking.

"Yeah," the doctor said smiling. "It's a girl."

A month later we returned to Spain with a beautiful baby girl with perfect health and a stomach without end, she asked for food all the time and that obviously meant no sleep once she got out of the hospital.

Neymar held her in his arms and put the gold medal on her and asked me to take a picture. He smiled big at the camera, held his daughter with one hand and with the other he made the 'thumbs-up' sign.

Minutes later he posted the picture on his Instagram, thanking the fans for the support back in Rio and then introduced the baby to the world, only writing the initials of her two names. And then he wrote,

'Couldn't be more blessed.'