Chapter Thirty-Eight: Day 61

Liam

"Two months, Allie. You've been in this dumb coma for two long months already. It's such a long time, yet not at all. I mean what are two months really in your normal everyday life? They go by in a blink, don't they? However, when something bad or tragic happens, time just seems to slow down tremendously. Does that make any sense to you? Are we supposed to suffer even more than we already are?

"Do you know what the worst thing is about this whole situation? I'm kind of starting to get used to my life without you. I hate that I feel that way, it makes me feel incredibly guilty and angry, almost like I'm giving up on you. There still isn't a thing in the world that I want more than you waking up. I've talked to the school therapist about all of this, and she said that I'm just learning to be me without you. Not sure if I agree with her or not. What do you think?

"I actually kind of like talking to her, but sometimes she makes me a bit nervous too. She has that specific look, like she can see straight through me and knows exactly what I'm thinking. It's creepy. She's actually called in a double session for tomorrow. Apparently she has something really important to talk to me about. I've already thought about making up an excuse, but I guess it's inevitable anyways. I'll just get through it and hope that it won't be too bad."  

****

Hope you liked this chapter. ❤❤❤