Chapter 3

His pipe, was enchanting. Something about it was playful, but the melody he played was calm enough to lull me to sleep.

"Rogue? Did you hear the pipe?" Pan asked me again. I looked around before finally setting my gaze upon my shoes.

Without answering verbally however, I answered his question with a quick nod of my head. "So I guess you do belong here" he whispered.

"Stop saying that, we all know I don't. Even your tone sounded like you didn't want to admit that" I said. I was trying to remain calm, but this was driving me crazy. "How can you be so sure of that?" He questioned.

I stood up, anger finally consuming my body. "Because! Sure i'm not loved! My mom died when I was 14 and she was the only one who loved me! I had no one else, and guess what? I still don't!" I yelled.

By now, obviously the attention was on me. But Pan remained calm, he looked intrigued like he wanted to hear my entire story. But I continued with my outburst.

"And you guys! You're all crazy! Saying your 'Peter Pan' and 'the lost boys' I mean come on! Just let me go home, I don't belong here and I don't like it here!" I screamed

Pan, walked up to me and cradled my face. Some tears decided to start falling down my face that I was unfamiliar with. "Don't touch me" I cried quietly. I flinched away from the boys touch.

"Never. Tell me what to do. You understand?" He said sternly.

I was too embarrassed to answer, so I took the childish road and spat in his face.

The boys gasped. Like i just did one of the worst things possible.

Turns out I basically did. With my spit on his face. Pan smirked before he promptly slapped me.  Hard.

I landed on the ground, and immediately on habit, my hand went to my eye. For sure it was going to bruise. Hell, it felt like it had its own pulse.

Again, the boys gasped. I guess they've never been "attacked" by Pan.

"Put her in the cage." He said calmly. But I had other plans; I took off running. Clearly not caring where I end up at this point.

Eventually, I ran far enough to stumble upon a false wall. "What the hell?" I asked out loud.

It didn't take long to find a whole pulley system to actually open it. Once inside, I was blown away.

It was a hidden cave, and it used to be occupied.

With the moon giving me a little bit of light, I brought the lighter up to light a coconut candle thing.

Now, I had a light

Now, I had a light. The cave was amazing. It had more of a "home" sense to it than Pan's camp.

But I felt alone. Whenever I find myself in situations like this; I end up wishing for my mom more than anything else.

"I'm here baby" a voice said. I was terrified at the sudden person. But I was more terrified that it was my mom.

"'Mama?" I asked, my voice was cracking. Once again tearing up. "Di- did I die? What's going on?" I asked.

Mama laughed and stepped closer to me to bring me into a hug. "No you didn't die, it's the magic of the island" She said. "Mama, just tell me the truth. Did I die or am I drugged?" Again, she laughed.

"You definitely are my daughter. A skeptic, but you know I would never lie to you" she said. "Then can you explain what's going on?" "Go lie down, i'll tell you it for bed" she instructed.

So, I went to the bed in the corner and laid on it. Mama sat half on it and half on the floor. She tucked me in and kissed my forehead. 

"You are in Neverland sweetheart. You feel unloved and unwanted" she started. "The shadow brings boys in the exact situation as you" "but I'm a girl" I argued. "Yeah, I can't figure out why the shadow did what it did. But you are with the real life Peter Pan, and the lost boys" she continued. "Am I going to be able to go back to reality anytime soon?" Mama laughed when I asked that. "Baby, you are in reality. But no one can leave without Pan's permission" she said sadly.

"But he doesn't want me here, I know he doesn't" I argued. "What makes you so sure that?" "My purple and blue eye is a bit of an indicator" I said sarcastically.

Mama chuckled slightly. "Oh baby, I know it's a bit rough. But he has good intentions, he just never been challenged. I think that's why you're here." She continued. "To challenge Peter Pan?" "To save Peter Pan, his fate is wearing thin, I can't explain it."

I stayed silent, my eyes were growing tired at the sound of my mothers melodic voice. "Good night baby, I love you" mama whispered before kissing my forehead and tucking me in even more.

Pan

I listened in as Rogue spoke to her mother. A feeling unknown overcame me as I heard the two women talk.

But as soon as it came it went. That's when 'mother' came out, "change me back" she demanded. "Oh but that was so lovely, really a grade A performance" I said. "I don't like lying change me back."

I did as told, and mrs. Bella turned back into Wendy at the snap of my fingers.

"This is why you can't come out. Clearly you don't enjoy the game, and it takes the fun out of it" I announced as we walked back to camp.

"Why must the game involve me? Why must I lie?" Wendy asked. "Because, you live on the island; you play the game. It's simple. As for lying; it's all part of it." I opened Wendy's cage for her and she stepped in. "You're going to fail Peter Pan" she spoke.

I slapped the edge of her cage twice, and the lost boys brought her into the air. I flew up to it and looked to the cave Rogue was staying in.

"Oh but Wendy"

"Peter Pan never fails."

A/N short chapter I apologize :(