Chapter 6

Pan

I stayed up longer than usual, Felix and I of course had another chat about Rogue and her staying here. He seemed all for it, but I was still convinced that this was bad and that something was changing. 

But I couldn't deny the fact that Rogue had done something to me. It wasn't exactly bad, but I just felt the need to protect her. Her story about her home life angered me, but I knew I couldn't do anything about it. Like she said it happened in the past and it's done with. 

But I want to care for her, make sure she never feels unwanted or useless while she's here. 

I was drowning out what Felix was saying. Something was wrong, and I knew something was wrong with Rogue.

Instead of excusing myself, I just started walking to Rogue's tree house. "See you later then" Felix mumbled, I just smiled. I knew he was feeling jealous, something I took joy in.

As I arrived, the outside seemed normal. But I still had that feeling that something was wrong. She had lights on, something she did when she was in Baelfire's cave, so that wasn't out of the ordinary. 

I began to climb the ladder and as I did, a chill ran over the island and her light went off. 

My heartbeat began to speed up and I ran to her door. 

She was sleeping peacefully, but it seemed like her room was getting darker and darker by the second. I kept looking around, trying to figure out why I was feeling on edge. I couldn't see anything until I felt another chill run through.

There in the corner, with shining white eyes was shadow.

It was creeping closer and closer to the sleeping beauty. 

Her door was locked, and shadow was moving quickly. The moonlight was basically giving it strength right now. I pounded on the door, trying to wake up Rogue. After a while, and when the door finally opened she woke up. 

Rogue

I was woken up to a pounding on the door, and Pan running in looking worried. "Wha-" but a cold shiver ran through my body, and I felt as though I was concealed to the bed. "Stay away from her!" Pan yelled, I had no idea what he was yelling at until I saw two bright lights lifting me off the floor. 

"PAN!" I yelled, I was terrified and I had no idea what was happening to me. 

He rose his hand and suddenly the entire room was lit up. Lamps, candles you name it. My house was probably the brightest on the island right now. 

As soon as the lights came on, a harsh 'hiss' was heard and immediately I was dropped. It was higher than I thought, and when I landed on my back a loud 'crack' was heard right after. 

Pan looked at me, I was biting my arm. Tears were falling from my face, but I didn't want to show how much pain I was actually in. 

"Rogue? Are you alright?" He asked crouching next to me. I shook my head, I didn't know how I would talk without crying. "What's wrong? Where hurts?" He asked again, I just shook my head. Pan sighed and looked around, checking to see if the two shiny things were still there. "Shit, alright I'm going to take you to the grotto alright? It's going to be okay soon" he said. 

I just nodded my head and allowed him to carry me bridal style before he flew to the healing waters.

As soon as his hand went to my lower back; I couldn't help the scream that left my lips. "Shit, I think you broke your tail bone" he said. I just nodded and turned my head to the side, I felt as though I was going to throw up, and I didn't want to throw up on him.