meet

bub//
we still on for today?

lily🌸//
yup. svorski's at 1.

bub//
i'm looking forward to it

lily🌸//
me too☺️

Lily shut her phone off, and smiled. She was actually going to meet Josh today. Lily thought back to the first text he had sent her. Was it fate that made the girl give him the wrong number? Were they destined to accidentally text one another every day since? Her phone buzzed, alerting her that it was noon, and it was time to get ready.

"Kyle! Rose!" Lily yelled to her best friend and sister. Lily and Rose's mother had a thing for flowers, before she left them there were constantly flowers all over the place.

"You called?" Kyle asked, coming into the room with Rose trailing behind.

"I'm meeting Josh today." Lily said. "And I need the perfect outfit. Help me!"

"Okay," Rose said. "You need something cute, but not too fancy. And something casual, but not too casual."

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" Kyle exclaimed, high fiving Rose.

"Okay..." Lily said, going into her closet. "What about this?" She asked, pulling out a black and white sundress.

"Too fancy." Rose and Kyle said in unison.

"What about this?" Lily asked, pulling out a band tee shirt and leggings.

"Too casual." Kyle and Rose said in unison.

"You obviously don't know what you're doing." Kyle said, stepping into Lily's closet. "Leave this to the professionals."

"Here." Rose said, handing her a tight teal shirt, a black skater skirt, teal converse, and a silver necklace.

Lily grabbed the outfit from her sister, and Rose and Kyle left, giving Lily the opportunity to change. Lily looked in the mirror with the outfit on, she absolutely loved it. Rose and Kyle were extremely good at this. Lily put on neutral makeup, and ran out the door, noticing the time was 12:45 already.

"Floor it!" She yelled at her sister after she jumped in the car.

"Now remember," Rose said. "If he tries to pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do, call me. I'll pick you up."

"Rose!" Lily exclaimed.

"But if he doesn't pressure you and it happens anyway, just use protection. And then tell me all about it." Rose said. "Well, not all about it. Just if he was good or not."

"ROSE!" Lily exclaimed again. "That's not why we're meeting. It's not even a date."

"Fine, fine." Rose sighed, parking the car next to the bakery. "Then Kyle and I expect every last detail of this 'not-date'" Rose said, putting air quotes around 'not date'.

"You got it." Lily said, hopping out of the car.

"Make good choices!" Rose yelled after her younger sister. Lily just kept walking, pretending she didn't hear her.

Lily approached the door and paused for a moment, thinking about how much her life could change, just by walking in the door. But she saw a familiar looking boy with black hair, and ran towards him, jumping into his arms, with her legs around his waist. They didn't even care that everyone else in the small bakery was watching them with smiles, thinking about young love.

"You're even prettier in person."