CHARACTER ASKS!

Lily//

What did you first think of Josh when he texted you and you saw him?

Well, to be honest, at first I thought he was a creepy stalker that trolled young women, but then he said he liked Glee and that was a game changer. I slowly started trusting him more and more, which is something that I don't do very often.
As for when I first saw him, I wasn't thinking. At all. All I knew was that he was actually there in front of me, and I just wanted to hold him close to me.

Looking back, were there any signs that your mother would run away with your sister's fiancé?

Looking back, yes, there were very subtle signs they had a thing for each other. They would share secret glances across the table, always be sitting next to each other. But no one expected them to run off without a goodbye.

Josh//

Why did you like Lily so much what stood out about her?

At first I thought that she was just an ordinary girl that I'd stop talking to within a few weeks. What made me stick around was that she was putting up a front—not letting people get too close to her because of what her mother and brother in law to be did. Anyway, I just had this need to hold her so tight that her broken pieces came back together, as cliché as it sounds.

What made you realize you liked Lily?

Probably when I found her on instagram, and I saw that she was posting with some other guy. It was before I was aware of his situation so I was upset. I couldn't figure out why I was upset, and then it hit me. I was upset because I liked her.

Kyle//

How did you react when Lily told you she was texting a stranger?

I was concerned and worried. I knew what type of people are in this world, and I was worried about all the "what if's". But as she started to talk about him, I noticed the sparkle in her eyes. That's what made me change my thinking about him.

Samantha//

What made you ship Lily and Kyle before you found out he was gay?

Well, Lily and Kyle were always together, and I mean like every second of the day. The whole school thought they were secretly dating.

Ella//

Does Lily ever ditch you to hang out with Josh?

It's complicated. She has a little less time for us now, which I totally understand, but she's never told me or Sam that she was gonna hang out with us and then cancels last minute to be with Josh. And honestly, even if she did a couple times, I wouldn't care. I am so happy for them, I squeal every just thinking about it. Eeee! They're so cute!

Rose//

How did you find out your mom and your fiancé ran away together?

Wow, um, that's an interesting question, actually. It was a couple weeks before my wedding, and I woke up one morning to see that all his stuff had been cleared out, and I went downstairs to find a note that said "I'm sorry. -Matt". I knew he had left me then, and I cried and called my baby sister, Lily of course. She picked up the phone crying as well, informing me to get over there because Mom was gone. I cried harder, and went over there. My mother and Matt never came out and said they ran off together, but we all put the pieces together.

Lucas//

What's your relationship with Lily?

Lily is like the older sister I never had. We bicker a lot, but she's always there when I need her, and I'll always be there if she needs me. Simple as that.

Riley//

Who do you ship more? Maya and Josh or Lily and Josh?

Okay, LILY AND JOSH ARE MY OTP!1!

Maya//

How did you feel at first when Lily told you her and Josh were dating?

I was mostly upset, because of my crush on Josh. But then I realized that Lily made him happy, and he made her happy. And I owed it to them to be happy for them. And eventually, I was.

Farkle//

How did you feel when Kyle came out to you?

I was mad. Not because he was gay of course, I don't love him any less because of that. I was mad that I was the last one to know. I was mad that my parents kicked him out. I was mad that no one told me. I was mad that I had to hear it over the phone. I was mad that I was kept in the dark about it, that my parents wanted me to think my own brother abandoned us. But then I found out, and I went off on my parents, and they realized their mistake. Kyle was welcomed back home, and my parents are slowly getting used to it. My family is finally whole again.

Was it easy to adjust with Kyle moving back in?

It was incredibly easy. I think the harder transition was when he moved out.

Auggie//

Are you close with Lily?

Lily is like a big sister to me. I love her so so so so much!!😝

Cory//

How do you feel about having a sister in law (Lily) and a son in law soon (Lucas)?

I knew Lily and Josh were the new Cory and Topanga as soon as I met her at game night. There was a chemistry between them that not a lot of people get to experience. Lily is one of the sweetest girls I've ever known, and seeing my baby brother happy makes me happy.
As for Riley and Lucas, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I'm very aware that my daughter used to like him, but now he's dating Maya which makes him no longer my problem. (Don't tell him I said this, but he's actually not a bad kid)

How did you react when you found out about Riley and Farkle's thing?

Riley and Farkle don't have a thing. Wait, do they? Oh my god they do! I THOUGHT RILEY WAS DONE WITH BOYS FOR NOW! SHE AND FARKLE HAVE A THING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Topanga//

Did you know Lily and Josh would end up dating after you saw them for the first time together?

I did. I knew that night at family game night when my daughter and my husband were at "war" that Lily and Josh would be together. I noticed that they stole glances at each other, and it was only a matter of time until Lily and Josh would be together.

Author//

What was your inspiration to write this story?

Well, I was watching girl meets game night, and I was like "oh my god josh is such a cutie pie" so naturally i searched up fanfics for him. And guess how many i saw? Like 5. 😒. So I decided to make one:))