-19-

"What do you mean we're not mates?Of course we are,we have been for the last 7 years" Tommy says in disbelief
"It means you need to leave me alone and get out of my house"
"This is because I asked Selina out isn't it?" He laughs and I glare at him "oh come on Bruce,even you said so,all the guys in our school have a crush have a crush on her,you just never asked me if I did too" I stared in shock at the person who I thought was my best friend.
"Leave" I said blankly but he laughed,then turned away and walked towards the house to leave.
"Hey where's tom going?" Selina asks from behind me,I slowly turn around and at this point I know that I had tears in my eyes.
"Hey kid what's the matter?" She asks concerned and confused
"Why do you keep calling me that?" I question
She looks confused then starts "I don't really know,it just fits"
"When we're you going to tell me?" I ask
"Well about now would have been a good time if you hadn't of found out" she slightly laughs
"Why'd you say yes?"
"Well Tom is kind,caring and is quite good looking"she smiles"I have some homework to finish" she then starts to walk towards the house
"But what about me?" I ask hopefully
She stops walking and stand still,she had heard me for definite but after a few more moments she continues to walk onwards not turning to face me.
"Great" I mutter "why does life hate me?"

----- one month later -----

Once again I sat on the balcony in my comfy chair under the shining stars and the moon,it was about 2 am,but was normally up at this time anyway.i look up at the sky and notice how miserable it looked with the dark clouds passing by.
Small droplets then began to fall one by one and it soon became heavier and to soak me.i didn't care if I was to get a cold I was going to stay outdoors.

Laughter came from the garden which my room overlooked,and I search around for the person. And soon enough I spot them.
It had became a nightly thing for Selina to sneak out now and she did this to see Tommy each time.and I would stay up every night to see if she would come back.
I watched as they reached the tree Selina would have to climb to get back to her room.i overlooked from my seat and saw them laugh but quickly slap their hands over their mouth to make sure they wouldn't wake anyone up. But I was awake.
I watched carefully as Tommy brang his hand up to cup her cheek and she met his eye,and he slowly leaned forward and so did she.
This couldn't be happening,I couldn't watch it.
They're lips then touched and it stung me like a thousand bullets through my heart,a moment later she pulls them apart then whispers in his ear and he laughs and walks off.
Selina grips onto the tree and pulls herself up and continues to do this until she reached the balcony,she jumps down and lands on her two feet,she walks towards the door and pulls it open before saying
"Good morning Bruce" then she closes her door.  

Wait.
What!
She knew I was here?

I quickly stand up from my chair and make my way to my bedroom door and slowly open it,I step out into the corridor and head over to Selinas room.
I hadn't spoke to neither Tommy or Selina for a while now,most people would think I was over reacting.
I quietly knock on the door and a moment later Selinas head pops out
"Long time no see kid" she smirks while I just stand there awkwardly "is there anything you want?" Instead of replying I just stand there
"I've got to get some sleep" she says shutting the door but I wedge my foot in between the small gap.
"What is it?"she asks looking me in the eyes
"I miss you" I spit out suddenly
"You're the one that ignored me for a month,so am I supposed to believe that you miss you?"
"Selina-" I start
"No Bruce you can't always get your way,and be the centre of attention just because your parents were rich"
"I'm well aware that I don't get what I want"
"And what's that supposed to mean?" She says
"I gave up something I loved the most just so they could be happy"

She stands there stunned for a minute and a half before going back to her so called normal self.
"B-Bruce" she says but I stop her
"Leave it" I mumble and walk way
"No I won't leave it" she says snaking her hand around my wrist and pulling me back suddenly,she looks me in the eye but I stare of to a spot on the wall
"Do you love me?" She asks seriously
"Yes" I mumble
She looks stunned at first then her gaze softens
"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks with her angelic voice
"When I wanted to you were gone" she looks confused for a moment then she understands
"Look Bruce if you had-"
"No Selina I Don't want to talk about it"
She wraps her arms around me and warmth overcomes me
"I missed you too kid" she says and a big smile creeps onto my face.

Comment and vote 💕