Chapter 35

Peridot leant against the wall, waiting for Lapis to get out of her class. They had planned another trip to the beach and were going to drop off their things at Lapis' house and grab some food and towels before they headed off. Only, Lapis was running a little late. The blonde checked her phone for the fifth time in the span of ten minutes. Once again, there was nothing. Was something wrong? Had Jasper gotten to her? Peridot froze. She'd forgotten about that big brute. The news that they were dating had probably gotten to her by now. What if she took lapis? Killed her? No.

A wave of confidence washed of Peridot and she strode forward towards the almost empty main building of the school. If she was right, Lapis had drama last and then had to go sort out homework with a teacher or something along those lines. So, Peridot thought, she should be in their English room. The short girl turned the corner and walked up to the English corridor, only to turn back and press herself against the wall when she saw the large silhouette of the one and only Jasper. She seemed to be talking to someone, being a lot less aggressive then she usually was. Maybe it was her friend. Malachite? Sugilite? Then she heard another voice. A familiar one. It replied back just as quietly, though Peridot could hear a hint of fear. Nope, definitely not one of her gang.

Peridot peered around the corner to catch a glimpse of ocean blue hair from behind Jasper's mane of bleached mess. Oh no. Not today. She felt like a coward just standing there, hiding from her enemy instead of confronting her and helping her girlfriend. So, without so much of a hesitation, she stepped away from her hiding spot and strode up to the two taller students. Clearing her throat, they turned and a wave of relief washed over Lapis' features. But Jasper's expression turned to fury.

"What are you doing here, runt" she growled, turning to stand over her, hands clenched into tight fists and teeth gritted. Her amber eyes shone dangerously in the artificial lighting of the corridor and it took everything for Peridot not to turn and run. Do it for her. For Lapis.

"I'm here to get my girlfriend" she put emphasis on the last word, eyes narrowing into thin slits. She looked serious and confident though on the inside, she was panicking. Wanting nothing more than to run away from the building. The school. Far away from Jasper. She had been the reason for so much pain.

Jaspers eyes widened slightly but then her face twisted into a cocky smirk. She grabbed Lapis' arm in one of her gigantic hands and swung for forward. The blue haired girl yelped in the surprise and stumbled up to Peridot. The grip the larger girl had on her arm was sure to leave a nasty bruise. Peridot winced at the thought.

"Let her go" she straightened her back, trying to make herself more intimidating even thought she was half her size.

Jasper threw back her head and laughed "make me, nerd". Her eyes shone and her grin widened.

That was a challenge, Peridot knew. But one she couldn't win. She was too small, not strong enough the overpower Jasper. Her punches weren't exactly the strongest, they could probably graze Jasper at the most. This sucked.

Just as Peridot was about to raise her fist in an attempt to punch Jaspers gut, a yell echoed down the hallway and everyone's eyes landed on the figure wearing dark shades. "Hey" she called "what do you think you're doing?"

Jasper growled and dropped Lapis as the figure, who Peridot now knew was Garnet, ran up to where Lapis was dropped, holding her purple wrist. Jasper turned on her heel and ran, slamming the door shut and she bolted out of the exit. Garnet dropped down onto her knees to inspect Lapis' wrist. It wasn't broken, thank god, but it did look pretty back.

"Can you move it?" Asked garnet.

Lapis attempted to move it but winced and shook her hand, cradling it with her other hand.