Prologue

This couldn't be happening. Ebony groaned before balling up the letter in her hand and tossing it across the room. This was officially a nightmare. She couldn't possibly stop this from happening unless she agreed. And the last thing she wanted to do was agree...

She bit her nails nervously, an old habit that never seemed to fade. Her nail polish chipped underneath the pressure of her teeth but she ignored it. She needed to come up with a solution...anything except the inevitable. She wasn't poor...hell, her life had been filled with silver spoons and constant spoiled moments but this situation was already becoming too much. And it was entirely her fault.

It had all started eight years ago. Her family was more than bougie to say the least. She had just turned fourteen and her mom had been adamant on sending her to a well-known prep school. She hadn't wanted to go but she hadn't really had a choice. Her days there had been torture. Classes had been boring, teachers over-bearing, students' rude and obnoxious. Though she came from money she never really acted like those around her. She had skipped school one autumn day, deciding for the first time in her life to be rebellious.

She had wanted to make a point. To show everyone that she had more back-bone. She had run around town, oblivious to where she was going, only to end up lost and stuck on the wrong side of town. She had walked around in circles for a while until she came upon a group of girls wearing grey bandanas. They had threatened her and she had ran, only to end up in a dead end. She hadn't thought she would make it out of the situation unscathed but then she had been saved by her own knight in shining armor.

He had come out of nowhere it seemed and had quickly defended her, assuring the group of girls that she was with him. He had shined in her eyes at that moment and a friendship had blossomed.

From time to time she would skip school and visit him, never really paying much mind to the fact that he had very little. His clothes had been over sized, obvious hand me downs and he had always seemed a little skinny. She hadn't cared. She had loved spending time with him regardless. Their friendship had quickly blossomed into what she perceived as her first love. He had always been gentle with her, smiling her way whenever they were together. But as the year went by her obvious attendance issues became more apparent.

Her parents found out about her constant skipping and forbid her from doing it again. The very thought of never seeing him again had prompted it her to run away that night, seeking comfort in his arms. He had comforted her just like she knew he would but the next day had ended up being more of a nightmare than reality.

She had carried her purse with her and her cell phone. Her parents had tracked her down and sent the police. She had cried hysterically as she watched her first love being forced into the back of a police car, the look on his face one of shock and fear all mingled together.

Weeks had flown by after that day and suddenly he was there, standing outside her school. She had run to him, engulfing him in hug only to have him push her away. He had told her that he would get her back one day before knocking her down and storming away, anger and betrayal all over his face.

Ebony ranked her hands through her hair at the memories, mussing her twist out. This was awful. A hot mess. Eight years later and she still couldn't figure out what had gone on to make him suddenly hate her. Nor had she been able to forget about him.

She sighed before silently pacing. He was finally getting back at her. He had obviously meant to stay true to his words. She glanced at the balled up paper across the room and groaned again. What the fuck was she going to do?

He wanted revenge for something...for what, she had no idea. But what he was asking...it was impossible to give.

She stopped pacing at the realization that she was wasting time. He wanted his answer by tonight and she still wasn't sure what to give him. She couldn't say yes...but if she said no, he'd ruin her father.

"Shit..." She mumbled underneath her breath as she headed for the door, snatching up her purse and keys before sprinting toward her car.

She hopped into her car and quickly drove off, headed toward her childhood home.

Her father owned his own law firm. The firm had been passed down for generations and now, thanks to her, it was being threatened. She pulled up into the driveway and stepped out, walking up to the door and rummaging through her purse for her spare key.

She unlocked the door and walked in, kicking off her shoes as she went. "Mom? Dad? Anybody home?"

After a moment of silence her mother's feminine voice broke out. "In here, baby."

She made a beeline for the living room, falling into her mother's embrace. "I love you." She quickly mumbled as she hugged her mother.

"I love you too. You staying for dinner?"

"I'm not sure I'll be able to...where is daddy?" Ebony asked as she pulled away.

Her mother nodded toward the hallway, indicating that he was in his study. Ebony's heart sank. She headed toward the study, her heart pounding. She knocked on the door before pulling it open, finding her father at his desk, his hands cradling his face in anguish.

"Daddy? You alright?" She whispered but in reality she already knew.

Her father looked up at her, tears in his dark brown eyes. She moved toward him with open arms and he held her. "Oh, God...we're ruined. I can't afford to stop this."

Tears pricked her eyes as she hugged her father. She had no choice. She had to agree to his terms.

*I've decided to try my hand at more erotica, it's fun to write to be honest. You can make the most outrageous characters in this particular genre. But any-who, this will be a little short story filled with secrets, first loves and a little extortion! Lol, enjoy!*