14

Four years later...

"What are you doing?" Ebony asked as she finally caught her son, picking him up to look him in the eyes. He made a sour face before grinning slyly, as if he knew something she didn't know. He had been running around all day, a sneaky look on his face.

"Lj? Mommy's waiting." She said patiently.

He wiggled around in her arms, making a feigned noise of protest. "No, mommy! I can't tell you!" He said on a giggle, "It's a secret!"

"It's a secret? Is it a bad secret?" She asked, whispering.

He suddenly stopped wiggling and looked at her. He paused for a moment as if in thought before glancing around them, making sure no one else was around before leaning close to her. "If I tell you, you promise not to tell daddy I told you?"

She nodded, her eyes assessing the child that looked so much like his father. Lj had Lawrence's smile and his almond shaped eyes, he even had his dark brown skin tone.

She kissed him on the cheek and he giggle again, "You have to promise, mommy!"

"Okay, I promise."

A twinkle sparkled in his brown eyes and he leaned forward, wrapping his hands around her face, and whispering, "Daddy said that...that he loved you very much...and that...that you were gonna get pizza for dinner."

She suppressed a laugh. "Really? Pizza? What kind of pizza?"

He shrugged, choosing to play with her hair instead of answer. "I don't know...but he told me...not to tell you that he was...that he was gonna go and get the pizza, so you don't have to."

"Oh, really? And why wasn't mommy told about this?"

He stopped playing with her hair and frowned, "Cause it was supposed to be a secret mommy!"

Before she could ask him anything else the sound of the door opening caught her attention. Lj looked toward the door and the same twinkle in his eyes appeared. She sat him down and he ran toward the door just as Lawrence stepped inside.

"Daddy!" He screamed before flying into Lawrence's arms. Lawrence squeezed him and he giggled, squealing wildly.

"What have you been doing? Huh? You been good while I was gone?"

Lj squealed some more as Lawrence through him up and then caught him. "Yes!"

Lawrence lavished playful kisses along Lj face, evoking more laughter from him.

Ebony walked over to them and crossed her arms over her chest. "Pizza, huh?"

Lawrence gasped with fake shock, looking at Lj. "You little snitch."

Lj just giggled, shaking his head with amusement. She stared at the two of them, realizing that they were making the same face. Suspicion erupted inside her. "What's going on?"

Lj shrugged but laughed again and Lawrence smirked. Suddenly the sound of a car horn beeped outside. Lawrence headed toward the door and Ebony followed behind him but blinked in surprise when she saw that it was her dad.

"Dad?" She asked as he stepped out, reaching for Lj.

Lj went easily into his grandfather's arms.

"Hey, just came to get Lj, we're going to hang out all weekend."

Before she could say anything they were in the car, driving off down the road. She stared after them in confusion.

Lawrence grabbed her hand and led her back in the house. "You tricked me." She laughed as it all dawned on her, "and you used our kid to do it."

He slammed the door as they both walked inside, sliding his arms around her waist, kisses her on the forehead. "You mad?"

"What do you think?"

"I think you're wondering what I have planned."

"You have something planned?" She mumbled as she tilted her head back to meet his lips.

"Yeah." He said as he nibbled along her bottom lip.

"You gonna tell me?"

He picked her up in his arms and headed for the stairs. "I can show you better than I can tell you."

As he carried her up the stairs she couldn't help herself, "Is it pizza?"

He burst out laughing.

*And it's done! Yay! This was honestly just something fun to write, something short and sweet and filled with sexual tension. It was fun to endeavor into and I hope you all were entertained while reading it! As always thanks much for taking time to read my, most of the time, senseless dribble! Peace, Love and Literature folks!*