The Guilt

This is a rather intense story about Willow confessing to Faith about Tara. May perhaps turn into some Fillow. I do not own BTVS. All rights to Joss Whedon. Feedback appreciated.

"So Red. What's up with you?" Faith propped her boot clad feet up on the dashboard, looking over at the witch behind the steering wheel.

"The usual. Saving the world. Buffy and the Slayerettes. The potentials have started to show some.. Well.. Potential, finally. I'm a little worried about Buffy though. She's seemed kind of di-"

"Will?" Faith interrupted.

"Yeah?" Willow asked, glancing over at the slayer.

"I asked about you. Not Buffy." Faith looked back at the witch, green eyes locking with brown.

Willow abruptly turned back to the road. "Nothings changed. Still same old Willow."

"Liar." At Faith's harsh words, Willow frowned and gave her a look, "Look Red, I know darkness. And I know you've seen it. What happened?"

Willow didn't answer at first, rubbing her hands along the steering wheel, "I.. My girlfriend."

Faith nodded, "Cute girl, dirty blond hair, stutter?"

"That's the one. When..?" Willow stared straight ahead at the road.

"When I switched bodies with B. I'm afraid I wasn't to nice." Faith admitted, looking sheepish.

"She died. She's dead."

"Red-" Faith started.

"Right in front of me. Shot. She died in my arms." Willow's voice was flat and dead.

"Red I'm so sorry." Faith sat up straighter, not sure what to say.

"I couldn't handle it. I went dark. I went so, so dark Faith." Willow's eyes were filled with tears, but her voice remained strong.

"Willow.."

"How do you deal with it Faith?" Willow turned back to Faith, lifting her hands from the wheel.

"Red, the whee-"

"How?!" Willow yelled. Her hands still weren't on the wheel, but the car suddenly seemed to be driving itself.

"How what Will?" Faith fought to keep her voice calm.

"How do you deal with being a murderer?" Willow's hands trembled and the car started swerving back and forth.

"Calm down!"

"HOW?!" Willow screamed, the car lurched and car horns sounded around them.

"God dammit Red, you're going to get us killed!" Faith shouted.

"SO WHAT? We deserve it don't we?!!" Tears were streaming down the witch's face.

"MAYBE WE DO! Maybe we deserve to die." Faith's eyes flashed. "And maybe.. Maybe it would be easier if we were dead."

"That's it?" Willow scoffed, "That's the big pep talk."

"I'm not B. I don't do pep talks." Faith crossed her arms.

"Buffy wouldn't give me a pep talk." Willow glared.

"Do you want to die?" Faith said. She stated this bluntly, almost guessing the answer.

"Very much. Every day. I need to be with her again." Her green eyes were bloodshot. "Do you?"

"Yes." Faith whispered.

Willow wasn't expecting this answer. The car lurched again, and the sound of cars honking was overwhelming.

"Pull over Red."

"Why? You want to die, don't you Faith?" Willow murmured hoarsely, "I can help with that." The car increased in speed. It was heading straight towards the edge the bridge they were currently crossing.

"STOP!" Faith screamed. "NOW!" She grabbed Willow's hand, squeezing it tight, willing the witch to stop.  Willow didn't respond. Faith looked at her more carefully and saw that her irises were tinted golden and her face pale.

Faith gritted her teeth. "Sorry Red." She said before reached up and slamming Willow's head against the side of the car, knocking her unconscious. Faith slammed on the brakes.

The car came to a screeching halt and the very edge of the bridge, the left side mirror scraping against the fence. The smell of rubber filled the air. Willow sat crumbled in her seat, blood running down her face. "B's gonna kill me." Faith groaned.

Faith carefully opened the door and looked out, and saw the her side of the car was dangling over the edge if the bridge precariously. "Shit." She muttered. She ducked her head back into the car and climbed over the middle storage area so she was perched on Willow's seat. She then opened the door and climbed over Willow and onto the road. Faith grabbed Willow under the arms and pulled her out easily, Willow being unhealthily skinny and Faith having Slayer strength. She set Willow down on the side of the road and knelt over her. "Come on Red. Wake up. Get up, we need to go." Ad she said this, 4 police cars and an ambulance came racing down the highway, sirens blaring. "Red! Come on, they can't find me."

The police officers were starting to get out their cars. A few of them held guns out at arms length. One of them said, "Faith Lehane, you are under arrest for breaking out of jail, murder, breaking a dozen driving laws and attack of an innocent citizen. You have the right to remain silent." A few paramedics came to Willow's side, and started to lift her on to a stretcher.

"No! Don't take her from me! I think she was possessed of something, I need to-" Faith held Willow closer to herself.

"Ma'am, let go of the girl now." The officer pulled out a gun.

Faith's mind raced and she held Willow tight. Without another word, she put a hand over Willow's nose and mouth and jumped off the bridge, the two plummeting hundreds of feet before crashing into the raging river below.