Its Not Her

I don't own BTVS. All rights to Joss Whedon.

"Hey Red, how you feelin'?" Faith was sitting with her combat boot clad feet propped up on the table.

Willow rubbed her eyes. "Better."

"Hey listen, about the way I acted earlier-"

"Don't mention it, it's fine. I mean I overstepped my bounds, it was none of my business." Willow blabbered.

"No, it was seriously shitty of me to act that way. " Faith protested.

"Faith-"

"It's just I got flustered and didn't know what to say-"

"Faith-"

"Because when I'm around you I have trouble speak-"

"Faith-"

"And you have this affect on me where I don't understand-"

"Faith!"

"What?" Faith cried.

"Me too."

"What?"

"I did too. In high school. Have.. Feelings." Willow smiled a tiny smiled. Faith looked back at her bewildered.

"Feelings? Will, what are you talking about?" Faith frowned.

"That's all you gave me. That's all you're getting." Willow's smile widened.

"C'mon Red-"

"Nope." Willow just grinned and leaned back, closing her eyes. Faith couldn't get another word out of her all night.

The next morning

Willow woke up the next morning to find herself alone for the first time since the car accident and bridge jumping incident. She shakily got out of bed and hobbled down the stairs to find the whole gang, including some potentials sitting in front of the TV. "Hey everyone." She said as she sat down next to Buffy and Dawn on the couch. Willow turned her attention to the TV and saw that a picture of her was on the news. She was lying the ground unconscious and had blood trickling down her face. Faith kneeled next to her and police cars could be seen in the background. The news anchor said, "The woman you see kneeling next to the victim is criminal Faith Lehane. She was imprisoned two years ago for murded, attempted murder and assault of innocent citizens. She escaped three weeks ago and disappeared until a week ago. Lehane was found on a bridge not the highway after climbing into a car with an unarmed citizen. She then proceeded to crash the car. What she was planning on doing to the victim was unclear but she had already harmed the woman when police arrived at the scene. She was surrounded but she refused to surrender. Lehane then did something that has us all baffled. She grabbed the victim and jumped off of the bridge into the water below. The police have discovered footprints of a person leading away from the river. It appears that she survived and is on the run once again. The victim had been identified as 22 year old Willow Rosenberg from Sunnydale, CA. If victim and/or suspect are spotted, please call 911 immediately. Do not approach. Back to you Matt." The view changed and Buffy turned off the TV. Faith had stood and was pacing the room, hands on head, muttering various profanities.

"Damn police. Fucking news."

Willow stood and approached Faith, "Faith, it'll be okay."

"What are we supposed to do?! I can't just spend the rest of my life in this damn house!" Faith yelled.

"You don't have too! We'll figure this out!" Willow shouted.

"No we won't. I don't want you involved in this." Faith spun to face the red head.