Ready For This

I don't own BTVS. All rights to Joss Whedon.

Dawn Summers looked up as Willow Rosenberg entered the classroom. "Ready?" Dawn asked.

"No." Willow smiled nervously.

"You're strong Willow. You're one of the strongest people I know. And plus, that kiss Faith gave you must have given you a boost." Dawn grinned, her eyes sparkling.

"Dawn! I- Well she- I was just saying goodbye!" Dawn laughed at Willow's embarrassment. "And I'll have you know, I kissed her." Willow's face turned as red as her nickname.

"Well, that changes everything." Dawn teased.

"Anyways, we have to begin that spell." Willow sat down shakily.

"Right." And so it began.

Faith fought like she never had before. All she could think of was Willow's soft lips on hers. She beheaded another super vamp. The jolt of electricity that raced through Faith's entire body. She sent a stake through a vamps heart. The way Willow looked at Faith after they kissed. Faith didn't even feel it when a vamp threw her into the wall before she had the chance to stake it in the heart.

Willow had never felt so much power in her whole life. As her spell began to work, she felt the room start to disappear. "You can do it Willow." She heard Dawn say before the world disappeared. When she opened her eyes, everything was dark. Willow couldn't see a thing except black. She rubbed her eyes, but still there was nothing.

"Hello?" She yelled. All she heard back was an echo of her own voice. "Is anyone here?" She called. Willow blindly stumbled forward through the darkness, when she felt something approaching. She felt the ground vibrate and hot breathing on the back of her neck. "W-What's there?!" Willow trembled. "Who is th-that?!" She cried. Something rough brushed against Willow's cheek and she cried out. Before she could run, she felt a clawed hand on her back. Willow's breathing quickened and suddenly she felt the claws dig into her skin and then she was sent flying through the air and slamming into a wall that had suddenly appeared. She screamed in pain and paralyzing fear. "HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!" Willow screamed again as she felt the creature come closer.

Faith could almost hear Willow's voice. It was the only thing keeping her going.

Willow started muttering, trying to continue the spell. "Irritum traditionem committitur nova , hanc potestatem-"

The creature came closer, Willow could smell its sour breath, but still could not see the creature. "Atque umeris mundus dare potentia puellae!" Willow screamed.

She felt a claw reach out a touch her cheek and suddenly a piercing pain shot through her face. Willow let out a bloodcurdling scream. The claw slowly raked down her face as she shrieked. "Fortissimus heros esse quod quicquid feminei!" Willow refused to let the creature disrupt her spell, no matter the cost.

Faith felt a sudden pain in her cheek, although nothing had touched it. "Willow." She murmured as she kept fighting.

"Cohortem simul ut praesidium eius et daret nobis de tenebris mundi!" Willow shrieked, as she felt hot red blood trickle down her cheek and as well asbout of her nose, just before she was thrown upwards to the ceiling only to drop back down again. Willow didn't even cry out, she was to exhausted. "Fiat. Fiat." She murmured, her voice hoarse from screaming. Will closed her eyes, trembling from exhaustion, as the world slowly came back to her.

"She's done it!" Faith cried, just as the potentials started to fee the affects of Willow's spell. Somehow, she just knew.

When Willow opened her eyes, a familiar face was staring back at her. The woman's blue eyes were filled with tears like crystals and her lips her as red as rubies. "T-Tara?" Willow murmured. "A-Am I dead?"