Chapter 2

After we began traveling with Aeris and her group we went all over New England finding survivors.  Then in New York we met another group of about 100 people who said they had come from a bit farther south and had just made it to New York yesterday. And the leader of the group, who's name was Jordan, started talking about setting up a permanent camp.  Saying that it would help with food because we could start farms, which would be useful because as you know many of the animals were affected by the virus as well.  We voted on the idea and decided to begin looking for a good place to start building, and we soon found this place, just outside what used to be New York City.

We began by raiding all the supplies we could get from the city, and then starting the farms. We then began to build houses, mostly made out of wood and some stone generally with thatch roofs at first.  After the crops grew and we had plenty of food, thing started to get a bit trickier, as there was a lot of bandits who would raid us and take are supplies.  So we decided the best course of action was to train to protect are little town and to make at least a small wall.  And then after several people in our town had children the education system we have now started, when a child is six years old they start their education.  They start by learning how to read and write, math, basic science for three years, then when they are nine years old, they are giving a mentor to teach them about are history and to teach them survival and other basic skills.  And when they are fifteen they choose to either learn to become a soldier a builder a farmer or a doctor.

But I degress, we began to train to defend ourselves from the bandits.  We also built a palisade around our town and upgraded our homes and ore town in general, like adding in rudimentary running water, and since we are beside a river we also built a water wheel to power the mill.  We also made a type a currency called Col, they are uniformly sized pieces of gold we found in the river. Also in this time Oka and Rory had a daughter named Ceru who as you know later became leader of Eldingar.

Thanks for reading! The song is Nightcore - Young blood by NightcoreReality