Chapter 8

Kindra's POV...

"We need to get out of here Billie! I can hear them coming!" I said grabbing Billie's hand and starting to drag her with me further down the tunnel.

"You're right, we need to go." Billie said, seeming kind of out if it.

We ran down the narrow tunnel for about ten minutes before we started to slow down a bit. Neither of us had heard anything that would suggest the guards were on are trail again. I began to ask Billie what was on her mind that made space out earlier, when she suddenly pushed me forewords and said "Run!" I and did.

I ran till I came to the end of the tunnel. Then as I was about to climb up the stairs there I looked behind me a realized that Billie wasn't behind me. But the guards unfortunately were, the guards were right behind me. So I ran up the staircase. At the top I came into a large hallway filled with people. I hid as best I could in the crowd and tried to make my way to the exit.
~~~~
There were hundreds of people in the corridor so I managed to loose the guards and make my way to the courtyard outside.  I slipped into the courtyard unnoticed and crept along the outer wall trying to find an easy place to climb over.  The wall was made of ruff stone and it was covered in ivy so it is fairly easy to climb, the main trouble is find a place where the guards aren't.  After going over most of the wall I find a secluded place where there isn't many if any people.  I looked around to make sure no one was in sight and began climbing up the ivy.  About half way up the ten foot wall a hear the guards.  They were on this side of the wall so I sped up climbing in an attempt to get over the wall before they got to me.

Thankfully I just managed to get over the wall as the guards came into view. "Thank god." I whispered to myself as the guards pass me without seeing me. After that I quickly climb down and run. I decided I should head to Eldingar, Billie was from there so I should be well received.  Eldingar was a good three day journey.  And they probably would figure that was where u was going and would be on my back the whole way there.  But it's really my only option.
~~~~
Billie's POV...

I could hear the guards right behind us as we ran. It was dark and I couldn't really see anything. When suddenly out of nowhere I was grabbed from a side corridor. The people who grabbed me quickly tied and gaged me before I could do anything. They then brought me down the corridor into a brightly lit and fabulously decorated room. At first I couldn't see anything but after my eyes got adjusted to the lights I saw a woman sitting on a chair in the room. The woman was Dusk.  Somehow she had been waiting for me when me and Kindra ran.

"Hello Billie."  She said with a smirk,  "I do hope your stay in the dungeon was comfortable!" 

"Quite." I said the gag having been removed.

"Good, at least I can know your last days were comfortable." She said signaling the guard to bring her a sword. "I had planned to have a bit more sport with you, but I was rushed... Don't hold it against us."  Then she raised her sword above my head. 

I'm going to die.  And no one will ever know. Oh god I hope Kindra doesn't try to come back for me.  Ash, I'm sorry, went off on this revenge mission and I never really got to spend time with you.  I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry.

Then with that Dusk's sword came down on Billie.  While Billie's last thoughts were of her son Ash, he was back in Eldingar still resenting her for leaving him.

"Cleanup the mess and give me a report on nine's location." Dusk said, no emotion on her face after what she had done...

Thanks for reading!  The song is Nightcore -To feel alive by NightcoreReality.