Chapter 1

Hermione just couldn't sleep. After days of sorrow and horcrux hunting, she'd come to the conclusion that she was developing insomnia after all that's been happening.
Ron had decided to leave the horcrux hunt because his jealousy spouts had decided to get the very best of him. Hermione believed that the locket horcrux had much to do with his behaviour, but she couldn't bring herself to conclude that.
She'd thought things with Ron were going quite well after last year's events, but now she wasn't even sure what to think of their so called "relationship." She felt something for Ron ever since last year and she came to the very conclusion that she liked her best friend.
But ever since Hermione had persuaded Ron to help their other best friend Harry Potter look for the horcruxes, she had started to notice a change in ron's normal behaviour. He would assume that her and Harry had a secret romance whilst on the hunt, which was obviously not the case.
Why would Ron assume such a thing? Hermione thought as she turned in her bed. He knows for a fact that i think anything but motherly towards Harry. Besides, Harry has eyes for Ginny and would never look at someone like me...
Hermione furrowed her brows and sighed. It was genuinely true. She didn't know why she thought so low of herself but she did. Ginny Weasley was much more prettier than she was. Sure, Hermione was the brightest witch anyone could come to know, but Ginny could woo any wizard if she wished. She has a natural beauty that no wizard could resist. She could woo a muggle if she wished! At the thought of this, Hermione sighed.
"Hermione?" She turned around and saw Harry emerge from the outside.
As usual, every night they would exchange turns for the lookout in case any death eater tried to come near their rest stop. It was Harry's turn to stay on vigilance and now that Harry's returned, it was her turn.
Harry approached her and placed his cold hand on hers. Somehow, it brought her a sense of comfort. Hermione smiled and made a move to stand up to take vigilance, but Harry stopped her.
   "Did the sleeping spell work?" He asked.
Hermione looked at him and shook her head. She wasn't going to lie to her best friend. Harry sighed and shook his head.
"I'll take your round. Try and rest." he said.
Hermione looked at him and sat up, taking in what he had just said. She smiled.
"No, it's fine Harry. I need a breath of fresh air anyway." she muttered and gave him a small reassuring smile. She stood up and grabbed her wand, placing it in her back pocket, and made her way outside.
She could feel Harry's stare behind her, but she just couldn't let Harry take her round. He also needed some rest, so she made her way outside.