Chapter 6

Hermione woke up the next morning to the sound of Harry's voice, her name sounding like it was coming from the distance. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed that Harry wasn't next to her. To her surprise, she missed Harry's presence and she felt fully rested. She heard her name again.
"Hermione!"
    Is Harry in trouble!? She thought. She made a movement to grab her wand, but she forgot that she had given it to Harry after breaking his wand, all because a spell rebounded. Sod it! She quickly got up and ran outside.
    "Harry!?" She yelled.
    She looked everywhere, searching for any sight of him, panic clearly drawn on her face. She saw him coming from the distance and relief immediately rushed through her as Harry approached her.
"Hermione! There you are. Ron's back!" Harry stated, smiling at her.
    Hermione stopped walking and just stared at him, dumbfounded for what may be the first time.
    "What?" she asked, not believing it.
   "Ron's back, Hermione." he said.
    He then turned around and pointed somewhere in the distance. Hermione looked in the direction he was pointing to and sure enough, Ron appeared, a silly look on his face.
    "Hi." he said, smiling.
   Hermione felt rage slowly building itself up her body. Hi!? Just Hi!?  Oh, i'll give him a greeting, all right. She walked menacingly towards Ron, her inner rage ready to erupt out of her.
    "Hi!? That's all you can muster?! You've been gone for weeks and all you say is 'Hi'!?"
    She glared at him, her inner rage on the verge of letting itself out. Ron turned to look at Harry, a call of help evident on his eyes, and that's when Hermione lost it. She closed the gap between her and Ron and started to blow punches at him.
   "OW-HERMIONE-OW-STOP!" Ron exclaimed, trying to block every blow, an appalled look on his face. He'd never seen her react this way before.
    "YOU!" She yelled, crouching down and picking up a pile of leaves, throwing it at him brusquely. She then picked up his bag and threw it at him as well.
    "YOU-ARE-AN-ARSE-RONALD-WEASLEY!!" she yelled.
    "Hermione! Stop!" she heard Harry yell.
    "My wand..." she murmured. Harry has it...
    "Harry, give me my wand." she yelled, turning to look at him.
    "Hermione, please calm down." he said.
    Hermione speed-walked to him, action that made Harry back up into a tree with fear, not knowing what Hermione could do.
    "YOU GIVE ME MY WAND HARRY JAMES POTTER!" she retorted.
    "Hermione! calm down!" Harry yelled.
    He stepped up to her and held her shoulders. Hermione looked at him with an angry look, her breathing ragged, but it all seemed to vanish away quickly. She stared at Harry in the eyes, her rage gone and replaced with some rational sense. She hadn't realized she was acting childish by reacting the way she did, but she just couldn't help it.
    "Breathe, Hermione." Harry cooed.
   She continued to look at him, finding his voice soothing. What is going on!? Why has my rage vanished!? She thought. She realized that Harry seemed to calm her in some way, bring her comfort, and She had the sudden urge to hug him. She couldn't come to explain what she was feeling. She took a deep breath and looked anywhere but at Harry. She felt him rub her shoulders, action that made Hermione look at him.
    "Better?" He asked. Hermione slowly nodded.
    "Yes..." she whispered.
  Harry gave her a small smile and let her go.
    "I think Ron wants to tell you something, Hermione." He said, looking at Ron.
    Hermione breathed and she turned to look at Ron, crossing her arms.
    "And? What made you come back, may i ask?" She inquired.
    Ron looked at her, quite scared and dumbfounded in her recent behaviour, but he quickly regained composure. Ron reached into his pocket and pulled out the deluminator that Dumbledore had bestowed to his possession.
    "This." He said.
    Hermione frowned, not completely understanding.
    "The deluminator. It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works but on christmas morning, I was sleeping in this little pub, keeping away from some Snatchers, and I heard it. A voice. Your voice, Hermione. You said my name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it, and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. It flew towards me, the ball of light, right through my chest and straight through me. Right here,"
    he touched his heart
"And I knew it was going to take me to where I needed to go." He finished.
   Hermione just stared at him, quite appalled and feeling her heart swell. The deluminator brought him to us? She thought. Ron looked at Harry, who also had the same reaction as Hermione's. Ron cleared his throat and Hermione snapped to her senses. She turned to look at Harry.
    "It's cold. I'm going back inside the tent." she told him.
    Without looking at Ron, she speed walked back inside.