Chapter 3

Harry walked over to her and suddenly embraced her. Hermione was shocked by this action. Never had Harry initiated a hug before. It was always Hermione who would hug Harry first.
She whole-heartedly returned it, savoring his warmth in this cold weather.
"Harry... I'm grateful that you saved me. Thank you." she said. "And i would never leave you alone, especially in a case like this. You're my best friend." she added, yawning.
Harry embraced her a bit tighter. "I'll always be here for you too Hermione, just like you are for me." he whispered in her ear. "Now, let's get you to bed. I think with all this adrenaline, you'll finally get some sleep. I'll keep watch this time." he said.
Hermione hugged him tighter. "No, Harry. I think we've had enough rounds for today. I know you're tired and we both need rest. Please get some rest." she whispered, feeling herself drift. Harry's warmth was making her feel all fuzzy and she suddenly felt her eyelids quite heavy.
Harry smiled and continued to hold her, inhaling her scent.
"Okay. let's get some rest." he said. Hermione separated from Harry and she made her way to her small bed. After what happened outside, she didn't think she would get much sleep, but it was worth a try. She climbed into bed and closed her eyes.
"Goodnight Hermione." she heard Harry whisper and smiled.
"Goodnight Harry."
• • •
She didn't know how much time had past, but all she knew was that she was still wide awake. Sod it! I thought i was going to get some sleep this time. She thought.
She slowly turned around and spotted Harry, sound asleep across from her. She contemplated on getting a warm cup of tea, hoping it would finally let her sleep.
She quietly got up from her bed and made her way towards the small counter. She turned on the fire and placed a pot on top, pouring water into it. After the water simmered enough, she placed the water into a cup and added the tea bag into it. This should definitely help me get some rest! She thought.
She carefully grabbed her hot cup of tea and sat down on a small log nearby. They had been using it as a chair, seeing as Ron forgot to pack in three chairs in her beaded handbag. Luckily, the tent provided them with a small picnic table, but she prefered to sit on the log.
She sighed at the thought of Ron. Why did he leave right in the middle of the hunt when Harry needs us the most?! It's ludicrous! Ron knew that this was a very important matter, yet he decides to leave over a silly pretense! Hermione was furious.
She looked over at Harry, who was asleep, facing her. Her inner rage seemed to vanish quickly at the sight of him. Her best friend... Her mind wandered off to that dreadful night.
MEMORY:
Right before Ron had decided to leave, he gave Hermione a chance to decide if she wanted to leave with him or stay with Harry.
"You! Are you coming or are you staying?!" Ron asked her brusquely. She stared at him, appalled by his anterior actions and his sudden question.
She quickly turned to look at Harry, not believing that she had to choose between them and she turned to look at Ron again. She had no witty response like any other time. She couldn't come to think that she could convince Ron in any way to stay. Of course she wasn't going to leave Harry, but she didn't want to ruin things with Ron either. Her brain immediately knew that it would be wrong to leave Harry alone at a time like this.
She continued to stay still, looking at Ron.
"fine... i get it. I saw you two the other night." He said.
What!? What other night? She suddenly remembered the day where she had been confronted by the snatchers deep in the forest and Harry had come looking for her. As she and Harry were walking back to the tent, she was telling him that the smell of her perfume was the thing that drove the snatchers here and Harry told her that as much as he loved her perfume, she shouldn't wear any. Little did she know, Ron was listening and misinterpreted everything.
"That... that was nothing!" she assured him. Ron looked at her one last time and exited the tent without a word.
"Ron!" she called to him. She couldn't believe it. He was actually leaving. She walked outside and saw Ron speedingly walking away.
"Ron!! Come back!" she yelled. She ran after him but before she knew it, he had taken his wand out and apparated.
"RON!!" she yelled. She stood still, looking at the spot where he had been seconds before leaving. He had actually left them over a silly pretence and all because of the locket, which had completely taken over him! She was feeling so many emotions at that moment. She didn't know what to do. She felt... hopeless.