When All Is Said And All Is Done

The words he said made me jerk and shift it into park. "Out of everyone, you like me?" I choke. He nods and looks away. "I'm sixty and you're, what, thirteen? Fourteen?" I question. As confused as I am, I some how managed to keep my sarcasm at a unknown level called 'calm'. "Wh-what's the difference?!" "The difference is, I'm older and more sophisticated and a giant narcissist and asshole." I put my hands over my face to think.

"Oh, jeez Rick...I'm sorry, I should've stayed quiet." Morty said sadly. "I like you too, you little shit. C-calm down." I blush, myself, and start up again.

   The ride home was silent. He kept fidgeting and avoiding eye contact. I gave up on trying to get him to look at me. By the time we got home, he was sleep. Not being a douche, I picked him up and carried him to his room instead of waking him up. How nice of me.  I laid him down an watched him for a while.

   Just when I was about to leave, Summer walked in. "There you are! I've been looking for you." I attempted to shoo her away. "I'm bu-busy, go."  She tilted her head and crossed her arms. "Busy doing what? Stalking Morty?" I glare at her. "If I say yes, will you leave?" She rolls her eyes ad stomps out.  Okay. Time to wake the baby.

   I go to the bathroom and get a small paper cup full of water and walk back into his room, dumping it onto him. He bolted awake and I crossed my arms. "Morning Sleeping Beauty." I roll my eyes. "I-I-...why didn't you wa- where am I?" He looks around. "Oh my god, Morty, you're in your room." He sits up. "I-I...knew this.." He nervously looks away. "Sure."

   He grabs my arm and pulls me down. "S-so you really like me the same, huh Rick?" I nod and sit beside him. "Well, when all is said and all is done, I have loved you for a long time."