Ode To Sleep

A/n: If you've noticed, I'm referencing TØP song titles. I don't own them, Tyler and Josh do. Oh, and it's back into Ricks pov.
////////////////////////////////

Constant apologies and hugging. Morty seemed calmer and more willing. Himself, to sum it up.

I sit down beside Summer in the living room and grunt as she looks at me. "If I could get stupid by looks, I'd have it. You-UUUURRRbb-You keep staring at m-me." I mutter. "So?" She argues. I wave my hands. "Oooo!" She rolled her eyes and exited the room. I laugh slightly.

    A few hours later it starts to get dark outside. Morty went to bed, Summer to a friends house and Jerry and Beth went out for dinner. A new Ball Fondlers was airing and I was trying to stay awake to be the first to watch it. Failing epically, I woke up when Jerry and Beth walked in through the door.

    "Rick."

     "Jerry."

    He rolls his eyes - like everyone else in this damn house - and continued on his way to shower, I guess. And Beth just smiled at me and went to her room. I look at the TV and watch whatever's on.

    Around 4am, Morty walked in and sat down on the couch. "You awake?" I asked him. He nods and yawns. "It's early." He nods again. "Go back to bed, Kiddo." I murmur, trying to pick him up. He pushes me and whines. "I-I wanna...sleep with you." He blushes slightly, still half asleep.

     I pick him up and walk to my room. Tonight, he can join me. Because the demons aren't out tonight.