Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home (Uta x reader moment)

I let Mai get on Uta's back so we can climb the buildings to get to the roof, because, *cough* were drenched in blood! Mai holds one tight as Uta climbs the wall. I fallow after him and Touka after me. Once at the roof I look over the edge to see a group of investors standing by the dead dove. One of them caches my eye, Juuzou. A small frown forms on my face, what if that was one of his friends? No. Juuzou isn't one for people. That is something I learned about him in the time we talked. I turned away and we ran across the roofs as quickly as possible to get back to Anteiku.

When we made it back it was around 12:34. Wow, where did the time go? Oh well. I turn to see Mai hugging Uta's back, asleep. I smile, happy to see she can actually sleep properly after that. I walk over to her and Uta as he sits her on a chair. I pick her back up and carry her up to Touka's apartment, of course after being approved by Touka first. I sat her on the couch and got a blanket to keep her warm. She is so young. I want to take care of her. As best as i possibly can. I hear the door open and look up to see Uta. "Hey." I say he walks over to me and speaks up, "I didn't know the Butterfly was you? If I did... Well I don't know what I would have done." He looks down at Mai. "Will you take her in?" I nod, "Yeah, I think I might ask Touka if I can get a job here and my own apartment room, for Mai and me both." I squat down to the edge of the couch to face Mai's sleeping face.

Mai's POV (i mainly put her in for help in writing this story and to make it more sweet, also I love this little girl so much!)
I feel myself be seated in a chair and try to open my eyes until I feel arms of a female pick me up. She carries me upstairs after saying something to another person, but I couldn't hear what. Then I am laying on a really comfortable couch and a blanket is thrown on me. I then hear the door open and a male voice say a little bit after, "I didn't know the Butterfly was you? If I did... Well I don't know what I would have done." I feel eyes fall on me, "Will you take her in?" The same voice says. A nice female voice speaks up, "Yeah, I think I might ask Touka if I can get a job her rand my own apartment room, for Mai and me both." A huge smile forms on my face. I open my eyes to see the woman that saved me, also the woman that wants to take me in, (y/n). She was at the edge of the couch. "Hey, Mai. Do you want to-" I cut her off by hugging her, "Yes! Please! I want you to be my new mommy!" She smiles and hugs me back, "Ok, then I will!" And with that I look up to the male in the room, Uta, the man who carried me here, to this building. He smiles down at me and I happily smile back. "Uta, can you go get Touka?" My new mommy asks. Uta nods and walks out the room.

(Y/n)'s POV/Normal POV
I pick up Mai happily after Uta walks out. "I'm glade I found you when I did." I say with a smile. She nods agreeing with me. I pull her small form close to me as she yawns. "Hey, you go to sleep ok? You're all good now. You don't have to worry about anyone." She nods and hugs me as she slips into a deep sleep. I smile and lay her back on the couch, throwing the blanket back on her just as Touka walks in, "What you need, (y/n)?" She asks. I look up at her and smile, "Is there anyway I can get a job and an apartment here?" Her smile grows more as she hears what I say. "Yeah! Of course! I'll ask right now!" She runs out of the room as fast as possible and in a few minutes comes back with an old man. "Hello, Sir." I say with a small smile. He looks up at Uta and Touka then back to me. "Are you...?" "Am I what, Sir?" I ask slightly confused. "Are you the Butterfly?" He finally asks. I nod and wave. He smiles and walks closer but stops when he sees Mai. "You have a child?" I look down at her and nod. "I want to adopt her. Her family was killed and she was attacked by an investigator until we saved her." He looks back up at Touka then back at me. "We have an appointment room just down the hall a little ways, you can have it if you want," he starts to walk out of the room, "Oh! Also," he turns back to me and throws me a black apron, "you start next week." He says with a smile and walks out. I smile and Touka hands me the key to my new home. I run into the room and it has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a table between them both, and an office. I run into the master bedroom and fall onto the bed. It is so comfy!! Uta and Touka walk in and I see Uta holding Mai. I take her from him and walk into the closest bedroom to the master. I lay her on the bed and walk back out to Touka, "Do you have anything we can wear for the night?" I ask. She nods and runs back into her room.

Uta walks up to me and smiles, "You are a lot smarter then I thought, and that thought was really high." I smile at him just as Touka walks in with a light baby blue medium t-shirt for Mai, and a (f/c) tank top and black booty shorts for me. I smile at her as I take them, "Thanks, Touka." She smiles back as i walk back into Mai's new room. I pull off Mai's dress and put the t-shirt on her. I tuck her into the queen-sized bed and kiss her forehead. I walk out and head towards my room when I hear Touka and Uta talking, "So you do like her?" Touka's voice states. "Yeah, I guess I do." I hear Uta answer her. I blush a deep red and walk into my new room. I put on the clothes provided by Touka and walk back out just as Touka hugs me, "I'm going now, (y/n)~chan. I'll see you and Mai tomorrow so we can get your stuff and go shopping." I nod as she walks out. I look over at Uta, "you can just stay here for the night if you want, your shop is pretty far." He nods and walks up to me. I give him a confused look until he pushes me into the wall. "What did you do to me?" He asks, "What do you-?" I start but get interrupted by his lips pressing on mine. I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me closer and let's just leave it at that. We barely made it to my room, so let's just leave it at that...