C12.2

Lolly came home late that evening and saw that Meng is already sleeping. She opened her drawer careful not to create any noise that will wake her up to take out a pair of pajamas but passing by Mengs bed on the way back to her own she noticed her oddly disheveled hair. As Meng was sleeping flat on her stomach and her face buried in her pillows, Lolly carefully moved the hairs covering her face and saw her tears stained face and the wet pillow as proof of heavy crying. Lolly's heart went out for her friend but she prefers not to disturb her sleep. Right after changing her clothes she picked up her phone and texted someone. Seconds later she felt her phone vibrate for she had set it on silent mode and when she recognized the caller she stealthily went out of the room to answer the call.

The following morning, Lolly and Meng as usual came to the office together. Lolly did not mention a thing about what she discovered last night and was just silently observing her friend. Meng was bubbly and showed no sign of misery and if only Lolly had not seen how she looked last night she would easily believe that her friend is indeed happy.

An hour before noontime someone knocked on the door and Meng opened it to a delivery man carrying a bouquet of beautiful twelve red roses which was addressed to her. The note attached to it simply says "Be mine please for I promise to love you always." It was unsigned and no sender's name. He asked the delivery man but his reply was that he was just instructed by their office to deliver it to this address.

Meng accepted the flowers despite the anonymity of the sender. She could not deny though that she felt a tinge of excitement just looking at these.

"Oy kanino galing yan? Ang gagandang roses naman yan piling pili talaga." Lolly commented excitedly.

"Di ko rin alam, walang nakasulat na sender."

"Haba ng hair mo girl. Pero careful friend baka pangit, ayaw magpakilala eh."

"Di naman ako basta makukuha sa bulaklak lang kaya don't worry friend."

One of the office collectors arrived and when he confirmed that he has already taken his lunch they requested him to man the office so that they could take their lunch together.

"Oy sino ba yong ka text mo at kanina ko pa napapansin na di mo mabitawbitawan ang cellphone mo?" Meng asked Lolly.

"Ah yong kaibigan ko kasi nangungulit me gusto kasing makita at makuha uli."

"Anong gustong makita at makuha, friend ha baka ano na yan."

"Gusto nyang makita at makuha uli ang ang pinakaimportante sa buhay niya kaya nangungulit lagi."

"At bakit ikaw?"

"Eh ako daw kasi and ideal woman for the job kaya ayon. Ang kulit nga eh, sobra pro di ko din matiis. Maliban kasi sa naaawa na din ako, gustong gusto ko rin matupad yong nais niya."

"Eh baka naman sobra ka ng naaabala. Gusto mo kausapin ko kung nahihiya ka tumanggi kasi tingnan mo kahit sa pagkain mo walang patawad."

"Hayaan mo na friend, kaya ko naman at gusto ko rin talaga tumulong."

"Sigurado ka?"

"Oo naman gusto ko rin kasi maging masaya na yong kaibigan ko."

"Bahala ka na nga, pero know what? I am beginning to feel jealous towards this friend for it seems that he is taking much of your time and attention these days. Is this friend more special than Brie and me?"

"Walang ganyanan Meng, You and Brie are irreplaceable, alam mo yan."

"Alam ko kaya lang sobrang nauusi lang ako dyan sa friend mo, pakilala mo nga sa amin."