1: A foal is born

Im alive. I feel my eyes slightly open and light surrounds me. My legs are wobbly as I try to stumble to my feet. Unable to a few times, but with the help of my mum im successful. My mother is a mare named Marching Enemy, but she said I can call her mum or May.
Glancing around a strange figure appears in front of me. A large creature. Tall and scary. "Its a human. They care for us, son."
Smiling upon her and I start to feel my hooves beneath me start to collaspe as I fall onto my stomach.
Ouch. My mother nuzzles me up with her warm muzzle. Standing back up, I can finally feel my legs properly. They feel good now, not as wobbly. Its been 2 hours since I came into this world...and I feel like im unwanted.
My mother cares for me though, she tells me lots of stories of her childhood.

She said:

"Son, you have it easy. When I was a young filly I was hit hard with stuff. My owners hated me. They separated me from my mother as soon as I was a week old. I was thin and bones, my mother was whipped to death because she gave birth to me. Ya know life doesnt seem so hard until your mother or father dies. My father. Well I never met him. For as far as I knew he was as doomed as my mother and I."

"What changed?" -you couldn't help but ask.

"Oh dear. You have a lot to learn. Well let me explain. When I was about 2 years old they told me I was worthless. I wanted to prove them wrong so badly, so when the trainer came I did everything he asked. Until, the man pulled out a nasty looking stick. They called it a whip. He beat me because I froze. Im telling you a tip, when that thing appears. Dont freeze. Just move and act like it isnt there. But...if he or someone lays a whip on you, they will be bitten and kicked at by your own mother."

"Thanks mum" -I can't help but reply.

"Back to where I was... It was a long journey full of struggles but I became a olympic mare. A champion. Anyways...Story time over. Its time to get some sleep. Stay close to me, my son."

Mother lies down as I tumble down to my stomach laying against her. She lays her soft neck onto mine as I give a nicker to let her know that I love her.

"Goodnight."