3.The O-So Famous

Long chapter but it is a good one. Ive been writing it for a few days now...and im leaving it unedited. Enjoy!

M

y eyes open and a light appears. Its morning...ugh...the light blinds me.
"Can't I sleep in today...mother."

"You defiantly can not. The trainer is coming today. Do you remember what I said? Do everything he says to imprrss others...but if he hits you with a whip. Im breaking free and kicking him."

"Mother...can't the trainer come another day...when im older."

"Hahaha. You are older. Your fixing to be 3 months old, my son.

"Thats not old enough...mother."
"Yes. Yes it is. Your lucky. I was halter broke by 1 month and ridden by 4 months old. I was weak...my bones fragile. I was a mindless foal. Unable to run in pastures. Beaten by a whip and metal spurs banged against my sides. My owner was a man. A man of no talent. He had hurtful words. Left and right. No kidness in his black heart."

My heart stumbles before me...how could some one be so cruel to my sweet mother.

"Im sorry...mother."

"No sorry to it. Anyways... Stand up straight. Remember to listen."

I straighten myself fweling a tad but taller. I remember her words as a man appears at the stall door. I glance at my mother...she looks scared. Could this be the man that had hurt her?

"No. No. No. No. This Can't be!!" She says with a nasty face. Her ears pinned back.

"Well don't you remember me. Filthy horse. Go. Away. Im taking this foal and training it and you can't stop me..." His wirds sounding even more ugly as he went along...my straight and proud look slowly falling.
He tells me to come. I obey.

He attaches a rope around my neck and drags me to a round pen. I can see my mother looking out the opening in our stall...I tried to follow the mans words...but it was hard as pictures and words roam through my mind of what he did to my mother.
I give him pinned ears when he asks me to come. Ready to strike. He pulls out a long whip and whips me with it...I freeze. Wiping the revengeful face off and a scared one appears. My mom hollars and I hear her stomping the stall door. I feel defeated. I follow the mans words. Walk. Trot. Canter. Halt. Switch sides. Walk. Trot. canter. halt. Whip. Come. Whip. Go. Walk. Trot. Canter. I guve a kick out. Whip. Whip. Whip. Halt.he puts a metal bridle in my mouth. I knew what it was..my mother wears it..but im too young. He cant be riding me....no. No. No. He puts his hand near me mouth as he tries to slide it in. I pin my ears preparing to bite. I start pawing the ground. "Ouch" I got his toe. He lets go accidentally of the bridle and halter and I run off. Realizing the gait isnt fully closed I push it open and run to my stall. A groom catches me and puts me in. He complains to the man that beating a horse is unkind. From there sirens appear and he is taken away. My body aches as wounds are on me. How could he be so cruel...
My mother looks upon me, worriness filling her.

"Im sorry my child."

I look up at her...I know she means well but some times she just puzzles me.

Suddenly a man in a white long coat appears by the stall.

"Its a vet. Son." My mother had said.

Vet. Vet. Vet. Here to help I guess..not sure though. He opens the stall dooe as the owner holds it for him. He grabs my lead rope and leads me out. I wonder what he wants. Somehow and in someway I feel comforting around him. Like he has a soft heart. He leads me to this stall looking thing that has 4 sides. Closed in, the man had said it was called a vet standing stall. No clue of what that meant I didnt think much of it. He pulled out a case and cared for my wounds..it hurt alot at first but he made them feel at ease. He noticed that my leg was pretty badly cut and he wrapped it. Minor stuff. He quickly for finished and lead me back to my mother.
He was soft. No whip no cruel words. Infact he talked of kindness to me.
My mother nuzzles me,
"Vet. He is to help. He is going to heal your wounds and keep you safe. Just like I would do."

"Mother...umm...when will I leave your side?"

"Oh darling. I was afraid you would ask that. There comes a time when the bird must leave the nest. Your time is near. To leave my side is a hard answer. One that is troublesome and stressfull to begin with. But we will get through it. By the end of this year (in 2 months or so) they will put you in a pasture. With a few other foals. I want be there any more. It's called weaning. I hope you understand my son."

I felt like crying...I didn't want to leave my mother. But...the time is near.