Chp. 4: Trainer Battles

(I do not own Naruto or Pokemon)

I returned Kurama to his pokeball and had Ryujingo follow me. I then realized I hadn't checked Kurama or Ryujingo's moves yet. I would need to know Ryujingo's if I wanted him to attack.

"Dexby, how do I check a pokemon's moves?" I asked. A voice responded.

"Put the Pokedex in front of a pokemon and say 'Moves.'"

I did so, finding that Ryujingo had something called leer and the pound move from earlier. Kurama had quick attack and scratch.

"Huh, it suits him.' I thought.

We continued on when Dexby flashed to life. She notified me saying we were in route 102. I saw a kid standing around doing nothing, so I decided to talk to him.

"Hey kid! My name's Calvin and I'm here to challenge you to a Pokemon battle!" The kid shouted and pointed at me like I just insulted his entire family.

"K-kid? Listen here, Calvin. I'm eightee-"

"Go, Zigzagoon!" Calvin threw his pokeball and what came out was a furry creature I had fought before. I urged Ryujingo to go forward. I wanted to see this leer move.

"Uh, Ryujingo use Leer!" I said.

"The opponent's pokemon defenses dropped!" Dexby notified me.

"Aw, sweet!" I said.

"Zigzagoon use tackle!" Calvin shouted. The Zigzagoon charged forward and body slammed Ryujingo, causing damage.

"Ryujingo use, uh, pound!" I said. Ryujingo attacked with all his might, causing significant damage to the Zigzagoon.

"Grr.. Zigzagoon use growl!" It just growled at Ryujingo.

"Ryujingo's attack dropped!" Dexby said.

Zigzagoon using growl caused me to use pound twice, but we one in the end. Dexby said that I got money for winning. Huh, neat. I decided to heal back at in Odale town. I went back to Route 102, realizing something.

"Hey Dexby, can I catch pokemon in tall grass with these pokeballs?" I asked dexby.

"You can. Just make sure to weaken them first!" She said.

"Naruto.. What are you planning?" Kurama asked from within his ball.

"Imma' catch some pokemon!" I said with a hop. I went through the grass next to Calvin and got attacked by a wolf. I looked at Dexby and saw a screen with many options on it.

"Hmm.. 'Pokemon, Bag, Run..' Oh! So you can run! Sweet!" I said to myself. Instead of sending Ryujingo out to fight, as he was tired, I ran and kept searching in the grass for something interesting. I finally found something after a while. It was a blue creature with four legs with a lily pad on its back.

"Dexby, what pokemon is that?" I asked. (I seriously ship naruto and dexby)

"Lotad. Lotad live in ponds and lakes, where they float on the surface. It grows weak if its broad leaf dies. On rare occasions, this Pokémon travels on land in search of clean water," she said.

"Oh cool! Let's catch it! Ryujingo use leer!" Their defenses dropped.

The Lotad used some kind of trick move, because Ryujingo was still damaged, although the Lotad didn't move.

"Ryujingo use pound!" Ryujingo charged forward and attacked, causing the Lotad a lot of damage, but it didn't faint or run away. I threw a pokeball at it. It shook three times, then flashed yellow, probably to signify that I caught it.