Request - Robb Stark "The fears of a father"

You were in the most comfortable chair Robb had been able to find here at Winterfell. Your favorite book was on a table next to you, so you didn't have to use much strength to get it, and you were enjoying the small little clothes the Stark family had made for the newest addition that would soon be born.

"Do you feel anything yet?" Robb sat on a wooden chair across the table and he kept on asking the same question every few minutes.

With a smile on your face you shook your head. "The baby seems to be asleep, Robb. I do not think it's planning on coming tonight." You placed the palm of your hand on your heavily swollen belly and hummed a little lullaby. Even though your feet were swollen and your back was hurting, you wouldn't mind it if the baby would wait a little while longer.

"Are you sure everything feels alright?" Robb looked worried and for the first time the frown on his forehead seemed even deeper than the one Jon was constantly wearing. "What if you don't feel anything because something is wrong?"

Strangely enough you were still extremely calm. Even though the baby wasn't born yet, it was as if you instinctively knew that everything was alright, that the two of you were still okay. "It's not because there is something wrong. It is because our child is not ready for the cold yet and prefers staying warm for a few more hours or days."

Robb smiled and he stood up from his chair. He kneeled down in front of you and then he pressed both his hands to your stomach, just like he had done when the little Stark had kicked for the very first time. "Or maybe our child is afraid to meet me."

At first you thought he was joking, but his lips trembled a little and you could see that he was breathing heavily. "Why would you think something like that, Robb?" You shook your head and when Robb looked up you pressed the palms of your hands to his cheeks. "Our child has been listening to your voice for months now. I'm certain that the littlest Stark can't wait to meet the father who has said so many nice and sweet things."

Robb started to smile again, but his fingers were still trembling and when he stood up he seemed a lot less stable than he usually was.

"There is nothing to be afraid of, Robb." You grabbed his hand and pulled him towards you. "You are going to be an amazing father and our child is going to be the happiest Stark that has ever lived." You kissed the knuckles of his hand, his arm and eventually he leaned in so you could kiss his soft lips.

"There is so much to be afraid of." He kissed your forehead and his hand stroke your hair. "Something could be wrong with the baby. Something could go wrong with you. The two of you can get ill or even worse." He licked his lips and he shifted his weight from one leg to the other.

You grabbed both his hands and you rubbed them gently. "Robb, I know there are a lot of things you are worried about right now." You paused for a moment and you pushed yourself up so you could give him another kiss. "Please, don't add whether or not you're going to be a good father to your list of worries." You paused for a short moment. "You do not need to worry about that."