A little more love

You looked up when Robb entered the tent. Pearls of sweat covered his forehead and the moment he saw you his cheeks reddened.

"Everything alright, Robb?" You raised your eyebrows and closed the book you had been reading.

His hand trembled when he scratched the back of his neck, but he refused to meet your staring glance. He didn't need to answer your question for you to know that everything was not alright.

You swallowed. "Robb..." You stood up from your seat and walked towards him. "I thought we had already established that we would always tell each other everything?" You reached for his hands and felt how his palms were sweating. "We are in the middle of a war. I know not to expect any good news soon." You paused, but Robb kept silent. Way too silent for your liking. "Whatever it is, I can handle it."

"I'm not sure you can handle this..." Robb let out a deep breath and eventually he looked up. "Maybe it is better if you sit down before I start talking."

A million scenario's were rushing through your mind.

Had Jamie Lannister come back with his father's army to take revenge for the lost battle and his time as a hostage? Had more prisoners escaped? Had one of his bannerman decided to leave this war to go home? Was there a shortage of food or other supplies and were all your lives in danger?

You sat down on the uncomfortable wooden chair and folded your hands in your lap to hide that you were shaking. "I'm ready." You forced a smile on your face, but Robb didn't return the smile and your worries only increased.

"I have no idea how to tell you this." Robb kneeled down in front of you. "I want to start with telling you that I still love you. I love you very much and I am certain that I will never stop loving you."

Sentences like that usually continued with a but.

And you had to admit you were indeed not quite certain if you would like this but.

"But I think..." He licked his dry lips. "I believe..." He reached for your hand again and rubbed your knuckles.

You shook your head. "Can you just tell me, please?" You wanted to speak firmly, but your words came out as a soft whisper.

"I fell in love with someone else too." He spoke quickly and it took you a few seconds to realise what he had just said.

"Talisa..." You chuckled. "What a surprise."

Robb furrowed his eyebrows. "I have to admit I expected you to start shouting or crying or..." He cocked his head. "Well, I thought you would at least be a little more upset?"

"How long do we know each other Robb?" You raised your eyebrows. "She's pretty, she's kind, she's intelligent and she takes care of those people you've dragged into this war..." You shrugged. "I'm actually quite surprised that it took you this long to fall for her. I fell for her weeks ago already."

"I actually..." He stopped in the middle of his sentence. "Wait..." He locked his glance with yours once more. "Did you just say you also fell for her?"

Your lips curled up into a smile. "Are you truly surprised about that? And here I thought that my husband would know me better by now." You shook your head when you saw the confusion on his face. "So..." You smirked. "We could, of course, ask Talisa what she thinks about dating a married couple."

Robb looked up and there was a glimmer in his eyes that you hadn't seen for a very long time. "Are you..." He blinked a few times. "Would you really be okay with that?"

"Robb..." You grabbed his chin and leaned in to kiss his slightly parted lips. "If you are okay with it, nothing would make me happier."

For the first time in weeks he smiled and then he stood up and pulled you up from your seat. "You are the most amazing woman I have ever met."

"Don't let Talisa hear it. She could get jealous." You winked and felt his hands curl around your waist so he could lift you up and twirl you around.

"I love you." Robb buried his nose in your hair when he put you down again. "You have no idea how much I love you."