Robb Stark - "I feel like I can't breathe"

"No!" Robb's voice echoed through the enormous hall filled with people you had never met nor heard about before. "Please..." He shook his head and the veins in his neck were visibly beating in the dimmed light of countless small candles. "Please, I beg you..." He lost the fight against the tears.

"Begging, King Stark..." The mocking voice was nothing but a soft whisper in the back of your mind. "Won't save neither your pathetic life nor hers."

Your eyes flashed open again while the cold metal that had been pushed into your abdomen was abruptly pulled out again. Your own blood quickly soaked your milk white dress and when you attempted to stop the bleeding with your bare hands countless drops seeped through your fingers.

"Grant me at least the opportunity to say goodbye to her, please." Robb's usually steady voice was now trembling and shaking. His cheeks were covered in traces of his salted tears and his bright blue eyes were blurred by the water he had not cried yet.

"And why would we grant you anything, King Stark?"

The world around you started turning and slowly the darkness thrived the light out of your head. You wanted to keep your eyes open. You wanted to look at him as long as you still could. You wanted to say goodbye to him as much as he wanted to say goodbye to you, but you could already feel the heartbeat in your chest fading and it seemed as if each and every breath was harder than the one before.

"Because I am already dying..." Robb turned his face towards you while he tried to free himself from the strong hands holding him back, keeping him away from you. "And I beg you to fulfill my last wish." The words were almost dying on his lips and just when you were about to close your eyes, just when you were about to give up the fight you were afraid you couldn't win, the two soldiers let him go.

"Robb..." You stumbled over your own feet while you tried to walk towards him, while you tried to cross a part of the distance between the two of you.

"I have you..." Robb caught you before your body could touch the cold and marble floor however and when your eyes met his you saw nothing but sadness and pain. Slowly he fell down on his knees and while he placed your head in his lap his hand went through your hair. The tears he had not cried yet, were now rolling down his cheeks before dripping on your naked skin. "I shouldn't have brought you here tonight..." He sniffed in between every word and you slowly lifted your hand up to touch his cheek.

"There is no need to be sorry, Robb." You curled your lips up into a smile and one last time you drowned in his wonderful blue eyes, in the eyes that could look at you as if you were his entire world, as if you were everything that really mattered. "You were not the one wielding the sword." You dropped your hand again and lost the fight against the slumber, the endless sleep that was about to come over you. "Robb?" You took a deep breath, but a groan escaped your lips when your chest refused to move up. "I feel like I can't breathe, but..." You paused for a moment and hoped that the pain would fade.

But the pain didn't fade. Instead, the pain got only worse.

"I love you." You could barely hear yourself anymore. "I know I shouldn't have loved you and I know you shouldn't have loved me, but I did." You hoped that Robb could still hear you, that you were saying all the words you were thinking out loud. "And I don't regret a moment we shared, apart from maybe this one."

Robb's forehead touched yours and softly he kissed your cold lips.

It was the very last thing you felt before your soul and body were separated and you hoped that somehow and somewhen your soul would be able to find his again.