Prolouge

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The child's eyes never wavered. The blue ocean of their Iris' fixed on the doors.

"Marty come help with these boxes!" A woman's voice sang through the house, yet the young child never moved. He was as alert as an antelope, the lion awaiting in the dry Savanna grass.

"Yeah whatever," A new voice yelled back.

A pile of toy cars layed in a heap on the floor, untouched.

A slight scratch made the child's eyes flicker from the old doors to the window.

A smirk pulled at my mouth, a chuckle escaping my pearly teeth. Perfect.

* * *

The night outside grew cold. The child was forced to play in the warmth of the house's bones.

"Dinner!" The woman's voice rang through the house yet again.

The child stood up and opened the door. He disappeared into the hallway and I followed.

The brand new table was set, five plates sitting on it. It didn't fit this house. The modern furniture now filling its halls. A young boy sat down, accompanied by a girl and the child. Two adults joined them.

They softly chattered as I watched. Unnoticed.

The smell of beef filled the air as they filled their stomachs. As the night stretched on, everyone retreated to their rooms, and the child reluctantly went to bed.

So innocent. What did innocence feel like?

I finally disappeared with the last minutes of dusk, a new start awaiting.

Hey guys! Yes it's a NEW book!!!!! I'm so excited although I am missing writing my old book. This chapter was super duper short but don't worry my chapters won't be this short. Who do you think these people are? Who is watching the child? Stay tuned to find out! Love ya!