Chapter 8

Seth's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to the room. The morning light crept in through the window. The window that didn't break. Books were placed neatly on their shelves, labeled in black lettering. The floorboards hadn't lifted up. Everything was peaceful.

The little boy slept, his small body moving every now and then. A slight reminder that I wasn't alone. I moved my hand from ears, my shoulders sore from holding my head so tightly. I had fallen asleep in the corner like that.

I heard movement outside of the door and I got up. I felt dizzy and pushed my thoughts away. I slid past the door, although it was shut tightly. I smiled at this neat trick I had picked up from-

I didn't dare say his name.

The hallway was dark and a light turned on downstairs. Muffled voices were exchanging back and forth.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I went to the breakfast nook. The woman sat talking to her husband. She looked tired, confused, scared. It hurt to see her like this.

"So I....I fell on the floor and-"

"You started to cry," Her husband cut in, his low voice making her look away. "I ran in, Alex was crying. He was scared. I didn't know what was wrong. You just kept yelling 'Seth' and 'I'm sorry.' Morgan-"

"No." Her lips were pressed together, her brow set. She looked determined to defend herself. "I haven't..." Her voice trailed off and her husband stood up.

He walked around behind her chair and hugged her. His chin rested on the top of her head and he kissed her scalp. "Morgan it's alright. Shhh."

She looked down at her coffee and a tear fell down her cheek and into the mug.

* * *

Bogey's P.O.V

Word was out. Seth discovered who she was. It made me mad. He had so much potential. Heaven knew I had no more time to teach him. I wouldn't even have the chance to save him. He would have to save himself.

The wind was cold and I held my breath. It nipped at my dark face but I looked up at the window. I could see it was shattered. I knew better.

I had seated myself on the roof in a matter of seconds and looked into the bedroom. Its floorboards were snapped and gnarled. The wall paper was peeling and the books lay scattered and burnt. I knew it wasn't real.

Seth's mind was strong.

I opened my mouth to laugh then stopped. I turned to look at the child, huddled in a heap of blankets. His innocent face looked calm and peaceful. I coughed and climbed into the room.

I looked around. The child turned onto his other side and I lay my finger on his temple. He shook and I let go. I smiled before falling to the floor. A laugh escaped my chest and I shook as the room started to become dark. The boy continued to shiver as I left, his body jerking back and forth rhythmically.

* * *

Mystery P.O.V

Chills ran down my spine as I huddled in a corner. Clumps of dirt hugged tightly to my hair and I coughed up a huge glob of blood.

The copper taste wouldn't leave my mouth and I felt like vomiting. A gut wrenching sensation filled my abdomen and I bit my lip hard.

Blood trickled from my bottom lip and I spit at the ground. I held my stomach and tried smiling up at the sky. It was what he would have wanted (not that he wanted me in this condition).

Did he?

I shook my head and pushed myself up against the trunk of an oak. Once steady, I listened to the sounds of the forest. The slight rushing of water tickled my ears and I slowly stumbled towards it.

Leaves clung to my bare feet as I tried to grip anything to keep me from slipping on the muddy ground. A pebble jutted out and caught my foot. I ignored it and kept following the sound of the river.

The cool breeze tickled my pale skin and I took a deep breath when I reached my destination. The black water rushed past me and swept along large rocks. I sat down on the muddy shore and smiled, uneasiness weaving through my core. I found the perfect skipping stone and rubbed its smooth gray surface. I threw it and watched it jump along the water's surface.

One...two...three...four...five...

Same as always. I could never beat five. The only person I knew who could was-gone.

I sighed and looked at my hand, dried blood covering it. I crept closer to the nipping water and placed my hand in it. The cold water surged through my veins and I quickly pulled my hand back, rubbing off excess blood. My skin was numb. The bright white skin on my fingertips was peeling and cracked, and the water irritated it.

I pushed myself back from the water and lay down.

After a few moments, I closed my eyes. The sounds of the forest filled my ears and I let my breathing slow. Although not quite there, I was right in heaven.

Hey guys! So yes, this chapter is a little short but I haven't updated in a while so it's alright I guess XD Anyway, don't forget to leave questions in the comments for a Q/A at the end of the book series (if you do have one note that it is for the Q/A and don't worry I won't leave it out). Also, I was going to tell you guys I won't be focusing too much on my'Testing Julie Fiddlewhin' story because this book series is my number one priority right now. If you have any questions feel free to ask because I know this book is a little confusing. Ok love you guys, bye.