Chapter 25

Bogey's P.O.V

"Oh you pathetic little thing, you."

I watched as his muscles tensed ever so slightly; The only assurance he was still alive. His head hung low, his shoulders drooping from the weight. I placed my hand on the back of his chair.

"Let's try this again, Matt. Shall we?" I turned and strode to the far corner of the room.

The dark cement walls proved the perfect sanctuary for my operation. I smiled to myself as I recalled the unique maze of the tunnels we were in. It had been a last minute arrangement, and still no one had come down here in ages. No one even knew it existed.

"Matt, you're a tough man. Pick your poison." I gestured to a small table full of pointy objects, unidentifiable liquids, and strange jars.

He slowly raised his head, letting it tilt back, his adam's apple bobbing slightly. He licked his cracked lips, grimacing when his tongue met dried blood. A laugh escaped his tired body and his eyes began to roll around in his head. His body twitched, his cheeks flushing of the last bit of pink they held. The chair squeaked as he stilled, his weight pushing into the old wooden seat.

"Fine. You don't have good taste anyway." I turned and grabbed a knife. I tossed it around in my hands, the cool metal nipping at my long fingers. I caught my reflection in the dullness and looked up. "We can do this, unless you want to tell me more about my precious little Seth."

It was a faint, measly reply, but he managed to whisper no. I nodded my head and looked at the blade in my hand. "Human objects don't hurt as bad when it comes to beings such as ourselves, yetthe tiniest knick still stings."

He didn't move. He didn't even flinch when i slid the cool metal across his cheek. He didn't utter a word as blood trickled down his jaw.

I turned away from him, waiting for something. Anything.

"Why can't you see that the more you resist the longer this will take." I cast a glance over my shoulder, now meeting his gaze. There was a light dancing in his eyes.

"I can't hurt..anyone." His voice was hoarse, laced with exhaustion and pain.

"If by anyone you mean Seth, then whether or not he has consequences is none of your business. Besides, in the grand scheme of things, you're nothing to him."

There it was. His expression went blank, and he fell silent. His jaw was set in place, I could almost hear the gears in his mind turning. For the first time, he truly looked weak. His eyes were sunken in, his hair shaggy. Dried blood caked his face and purple contusions littered his jaw.

"Do you think Seth wanted to get close to you, Matt? I don't. I know for a fact that the only reason you two were talking was because of Celeste. She is supposed to be dead. There is a balance to the world and you are screwing it up!" I threw my fists into the air, towering over his chair, spit flying from my mouth.

A tear slid down his cheek.

"You are so disappointing. If you're going to go behind my back, at least think about it," I jerked his head up to face me and wiped the tear from his chin. "Don't expect me to play nice when I find out."

I turned away from him, strolling out of the musty room. A large door slammed behind me. Akello soon appeared from a side hall.

"Bogey, why must we torture him if-"

"If what?"  My tone was harsh and Akello hesitated.

"-If we have all the information."

I shook my head and continued to walk, taking sharp turns down unmarked hallways. I heard Akello shuffle after me, soon giving up and returning to the room Matt was in.

Today was not the day to ask the obvious.

Hey guys! First off, I am so sorry for the extremely short and poorly written chapter. I have been super busy and writing has not been my priority. I promise the coming chapters will have more thought put into them, as this is more of a filler, but I thought I'd at least give y'all something! Thanks!!