Chapter 3

It was minutes before the bell rang for lunch. Scott, who hadn't told his friends that Alice would be joining them, had become more anxious than usual. Maybe it was PTSD from all of the fighting, or it was just general anxiety from high school, but Scott could feel someone watching him. The hair on his neck stood up and his wolf senses spiked. Before he could turn around to see what was happening, the bell rang to announce that this period was over. Scott sat for a minute, still feeling like he was being watched. He began to hear footsteps approaching him, step by step, and then felt a hand reaching towards him. He turned quickly to grab the hand reaching towards him and saw a frightened Alice. He quickly let go and tried to apologize. She grabbed her wrist and noticed a bruise, one she quickly covered up with her sleeve and frantically let him know it was alright.

"Are you sure? I really didn't mean to, like I said last night, I have been really on edge recently," Scott went to reach for her wrist so he could examine it, but she grabbed it back and hid it.

"It's fine," she lied, "I promise. It just hurt a little bit. Are you ready to go to lunch?"

"Yeah..." Scott replied as he grabbed his things and lead Alice towards the lunch room. "Did you need to stop and get lunch, or did your parents pack you something?"

"Um, no I normally eat after school, so we don't have to stop for anything. Not for me at least."

"Oh, okay," Scott and Alice continued to walk together in silence. Alice rubbed her wrist in pain, not wanting to show Scott that it actually hurts. She knew that it was her fault, one way or another. "So where are you from? I know Deaton mentioned that you had just moved here."

"Oh, well I am from everywhere. I haven't really been in a place for more than a few months at a time. The only thing that it pretty consistent is my bird and my car. Their both my babies," She joked. She tends to joke when people ask her personal questions. They exchange small talk until they arrive at their friends' table. Stiles, Allison, and Lydia were already there and talking about what they found out yesterday.

"So," Stiles began, "I think that Allison and Scott should go to Gerard's right after school and then me and Scott can-" He noticed Scott walking with someone and stopped in his tracks. "Who is that?" Stiles gestured his head towards Scott and Alice. Allison and Lydia turned towards Alice and Scott walking towards them, laughing and smiling. Lydia looked over at Allison to see her reaction, and noticed the indifference plastered on her face. Stiles, on the other hand, noticed Alice and smiled to himself.

"Hey, Alice right?" Stiles asked, standing up to make room for her.

"Oh, yeah. Stiles?" She said, genuinely surprised that he remembered her. She looked at Lydia and said, "Lydia?"

"Yeah, and this is Allison. You didn't meet her yesterday, but she is my best friend," Lydia looked, actually glared, Scott "and Scott's girlfriend."

"Oh, hi nice to meet you Allison," Alice said with a genuine smile. Stiles patted the seat next to him, hoping she would take the seat. She smiled at him and happily plopped herself on the seat. "I'm Alice." Lydia looked over at Stiles who seems to be entranced by Alice and nonchalantly punched him in the arm and gestures towards Scott. 'Go tell him our plan,' she whispered.

"OOOHHHH!" Stiles said out loud. Alice looked over at him, not realizing what he was talking about. "Hey Scott, come here, why don't we let Alice get to know Lydia and Allison and you and I go over here." Stiles wasn't very nonchalant about the whole situation, but dragged Scott away anyway.

"Are they always like that?" Alice asked, gesturing towards the two boys.

"Yes," Lydia and Allison replied at the same time. Alice glanced overs towards the guys and stared while smiling to herself. Allison and Lydia noticed this and assumes that she was staring at Scott.