Chapter Four

I guess I was wrong about my family being the weirdest ever, but I'm not so sure the same case goes for my name. I'm generally known as Aran at school, in fact they don't know my full name and believe the spelling is just because my parents didn't known how to spell "Aaron", but they're all wrong. My full name is Araminta Hall.

                                                                                              ∼⛦∼

We had all reached the castle and was introduced to a strict looking woman. We found out she was Professor Mcgonagall, the woman whose name was at the bottom of our letters. She explained much about the school and that we'd have to go through a 'test' in order to be sorted into our houses, of which my parents had explained to me so long ago, or so it seems. I leaves us only to return moments later to lead us into the great hall.

The hall truly lives up to it's name. I stare up at it's ceiling finding it to be dark and covering with stars, exactly like the night-sky. Candles float above our heads. In front of us is a risen area with a long table where, I suppose, all of the professor eat. They are identical to the other four tables running down the room and most every single seat is full with a student, except for the empty spots where we will sit after being sorted. In front of the table with the professors, is a stool with a hat on top. Mcgonagall walks over and stand to the side of it.

"Now when I call your names," she announces, "You are to sit on the stool and I will place the sorting hat upon your head." She waits a second to read the first name. "Abbott, Hannah"

A girl walks up, sits nervously on the stool and Mcgonagall lowers the hat on her head. It then shouts out "HUFFLEPUFF!" Yes, the hat shouted it out.

The names go on, and I wait until "Greengrass, Daphne" gets sorted into Slytherin.

"Hall, Araminta!" I walk forward. I have absolutely no idea what house I may be sorted into. I think I'm brave, so I may be in Gryffindor. However I was one of the smartest in my class these last years, so I could be a Ravenclaw, like my dad. I do know I'm not going to be a Hufflepuff, though. I have never really been too loyal. Loyal to a cause, yes, to some extent, but not as a character trait. Then there's Slytherin. Everyone sees it as the bad house, but honestly, my father said they were ambitious, and by those views I would match quite perfectly.

I eventually sit down on the stool, like the several before me. I don't care which house you put me in I think as if talking to the hat, just put me in the one that'll help me the most. I close my eyes, knowing the hat's answer will come in seconds.

"SLYTHERIN!"

The house cheers.

I open my eyes.