Chapter Ninteen

I instantly feel pain. After that, the air freezing me.

I open my eyes, one is severely blurry and I can't see too well with it.

"Ahh, Miss Hall." someone says, "I see you've woken up."

Dumbledore?

"Professor!" I exclaim, "You need to get Harry! He's still down there!"

"Araminta, please relax, or Madam Pomfrey will have me thrown out."

I force myself to a steady breath.

"What happened?"

"You know more than I do, Miss Hall. However, I will explain. I can only assume that Harry and yourself did fairly well on your own, I had arrived just in time to save both of your lives and stop Quirrell."

I sigh, relieved that we're not all going to die.

"Where is Harry?" I ask,

"Oh, Harry is over there," He points at bed across the room, I can barely see it, and there is Harry, passed out in a bed.

I lean back and close my eyes, or at least I try. I can barely move without pain rocketing throughout my entire body.

"Professor," I begin to ask, but hesitate.

"Yes, Miss Hall?"

"How am I? Like, physically?" I scoff slightly, "I mean I did get thrown into a wall of black fire."

"I do not think it is up for me to tell you this."

"I understand."

My right eye continues to bother me, like I can't get it to focus. It infuriates me.

Then I remember Voldemort's offer.

"Sir, I have a question."

"Yes, Aran?"

"In... there... the, uh, room place, Voldemort had mentioned something. Absolutely insane, in my opinion, but I can't help but wonder if it's true or not.

"What did he mention?"

"He said something, like, sharing the same blood." I purse my lips, "I mean, I can't be, right?"

Dumbledore sighs.

"Aran, this is something that not even your father knows." I pay close attention, "Unknown to him, your father was the son of a couple by the name of Gaunt. They were rather nasty people, and they had also felt that they weren't prepared to raise a son, so they gave him up to the muggle foster care system where your grandparents adopted him. Everything else I suppose you already know. Voldemort himself came from the same exact family line. Not the same parents, but the same family."

I take in all of the information.

"I was truly surprised when your father had gotten in Ravenclaw, especially since the Gaunt family are descendants of Salazar Slytherin."

"The founder of my house?" I ask, amazed.

Dumbledore nods.

"So both of my parents came from ancient Slytherin families and were the first to get in a different, non-slytherin house. Huh." I state, then scoff, "Well, I didn't really have a choice then? Did I?"

"You always have a choice."

"Oh, so I'm continuing the Slytherin in a family of misfits. Is that why I'm here?"

"No, not at all."

"Then why?"

Dumbledore stands up, "This is a conversation for another day, perhaps when you are older. Please rest."

I realise there's tears in my eyes. I nod.

"Alright.

                                                                                          ∼⛦∼

Two days have past and finally I'm allowed to leave the place. I also got a good look at myself... It's not too bad, considering what could've happened. I got severe burns around my eye, and possibly on my eye, and I have literally lost all of my hair. It'll grow back, but Madam Pomfrey told me that she'd rather it grow in instead of using magic.

I dress up in my uniform, of course, and prepare for the end of year feast. I meet up with Tracey and Daphne, of course, on the way there. We talked a lot in the hospital but I haven't seen anyone else from my house. We open the doors and find seats where we sit. I see a lot of people looking amazed at my condition. Madam Pomfrey seriously is only letting me go for this one event, under the asking of Dumbledore. Harry, too, was let out with me.

As soon as we sat down, friends from all over my house kept asking me what if was like. I tell them all the same thing, it was horrible, I never want to experience anything like it again. Of course this is the one thing any person would usually say. My entire table is also celebrating the fact that we've won the house cup. It's awesome! We got 422 points, beating Gryffindor by more than a hundred. As I smile in victory, I catch some glares from around the room, this is the 8th or somethingth year in a row that we've gotten house cup. It's no wonder the other kids are so upset. Dumbledore steps up gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

"Another year gone!" He says cheerfully, "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were... you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts.

"Now as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding and the points stand thus: in fourth place, Gryffindor, with 312 points; in third place Hufflepuff, with 352 points; Ravenclaw have 412 points and Slytherin, 422."

I cheer as hard as I can.

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin," Dumbledore continues, "However, recent events must be taken into consideration. I have a few last minutes points to dish out. Let me see, yes...

"First, to Miss Araminta Hall, for staying loyal to friends even in the face of death, I award Slytherin house with another 50 points."

I get a lot of applause from my house, everywhere is just groans.

"Second, to Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house 50 points."

The entire Gryffindor table blew up in applause. It seems to last forever, but they are silenced down for Dumbledore to continue.

"Third, to Miss Hermione Granger for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house with 50 points." More cheer erupted from their table

"Fourth, to Mr Harry Potter..." The room went deathly quiet, mind numbingly silent. "For pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house, sixty points."

I swear I could've gone deaf by the applause. The entire school started cheering for Gryffindor, because, if any idiot could do math well enough, Gryffindor is now tied with Slytherin. Freakin' Dumbledore... he seriously wants Gryffindor to win. But, they don't they, tie with us. Which is bad enough as it is.

Dumbledore raises his hand, silencing the hall.

"There are all kinds of courage," He continues, "It takes a great deal of braver to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore awards ten points to Mr Neville Longbottom."

Now the room really blew up. Neville. Friggin' Neville. That dumb fat kid in Gryffindor was the cause for Slytherin's downfall. Dumbledore planned this out. He made this happen deliberately. Just. Fudge.

Dumbledore changes the decorations all around the room from emerald green to scarlet. Silver became Gold. Even with the extra 50 points I got, Gryffindor won.