truths revealed

Unedited

"Where is she Noah? I've called her like a dozen times!" Audrey complained, concern scattered over her face.

"I don't know but I'm sure she's fine, you know her. She's scatty." Noah soothed, Audrey was already tormented over Rachel's wake in a few hours and Sidney hadn't replied to any of her messages since she'd cryptically messaged her last night.

"You're picking up on her slang." Audrey smirked, before looking at the time on her phone. "I have to get dressed." She sighed, dreading having to see all of Rachel's family friends watching her with pity and/or disgust. But she had to go; for Rachel.

"Okay, call me if you need me. I'm being interviewing by Piper for an hour or so at the Grindhouse" Noah smiled, patting his second half on the back and shutting her bedroom door behind him.

∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘

"Help! Please, help!" Sidney screamed, her throat raw from crying for help and her limbs aching from the struggle she had put up against Kieran. He'd grabbed her phone from her as soon as she'd managed to type 'help' and thrown it out the car window. They'd driven an hour or so out of town to a farm, with large barns and pens with farming tools scattered about the place.

She'd been tied to a chair with thick, heavy chains that were digging into her skin overnight.

Kieran's face, one that usually displayed no emotion was determined and fearful.

"There's no point screaming, it's cliché, but literally no one can hear you. Well apart from me - and Piper." He chuckled, surprising Sidney.

"Who?" Sidney breathed, "Piper? Shaw?" Her thoughts were scrambled and she couldn't pull anything together. How could they do this?

"Why? I - I don't understand!" She cried, tears beginning to form in her eyes. The killer was actually killers, plural, and they were right under their noses, but she couldn't warn anyone. He would never let her get away.

Kieran let out one sharp laugh and brought his fist to his mouth as if he was trying not to break out in giggles. He was fucking crazy.

"Oh, you are so clueless."

"What are you waiting for, Kieran? Just kill me already." Sidney provoked, staring him in his intimidating eyes.

"Oh, Sidney, I'm not going to kill you. In fact, I'm just going to let you go... on one condition."
"What condition, you psychopath?" She hissed venomously.
"Join us." He said simply, dropping the pitchfork he'd previously brandished.
"Why on earth would I help you kill innocent people?"
"No one is innocent!" He screamed, spit flying out of his mouth. "You call me a psychopath but we're so much more alike than you think. Haven't you ever wondered about your dad, Sidney?"
"What's my father got to do with this?" She questioned a cold suspicion creeping up her neck.

"I'm surprised we don't look more alike you know? Sharing a dad and all. " He shrugged his shoulders and Sidney couldn't breath.

"You see, when I was one - or so - my dad took a little trip to England. 'Business' he'd told my mom, what kind of business does a sheriff have in England?" He was angry, pacing back and forth kicking at the dirt ground.
"Turns out he'd met a woman, didn't realise what a bitch she was at the time and as soon as she got pregnant he scurried back home."

Sidney was trying to process all of the information he had given her but it seemed too insane. Kieran was her half brother?

"You, me and Piper. Abandoned by Clark and Maggie. All angry and with a need for revenge! It could be so good!" He smiled.
Maggie? Piper? Piper is Emma's sister? Sidney couldn't focus and her throat felt as if it was closing up, her eyes were dizzy and she started crying.
"I'm not insane - I don't have crazy daddy issues and I'm not going to hurt anyone!" Sidney screamed pulling against her chains violently. Kieran's smiled dropped and his eyes filled with a rage so fierce it was indescribably.
"You haven't got a choice! Either you help us or I'm going to slice Audrey into a hundred  pieces and make you eat every single one of them until you choke on her blood!" His threat was so horrible and gross that Sidney could taste bile creeping up her throat.

She couldn't risk the life of Audrey even if it meant taking someone else's. She couldn't.

And with her heart falling into the abyss she agreed.

∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘

Sidney was trembling as she walked into her house, she couldn't believe herself. All she could feel was the weight of the new phone Kieran had given her in her back pocket.

She felt so trapped, knowing she could stop she bloodshed but in order to do that she'd have to sacrifice one of the only people she felt like she knew, her best friend. She'd only known Audrey and Noah for a week or so and most of the days were filled with murderous drama but some days were just peacefully hanging out with them either having midnight movie marathons at the cinema where Audrey worked or relaxing at Noah's. Her whole life she'd felt alone, now she had someone and she wasn't about to give that up.

"You didn't come home last night." Her Aunt scolded as she walked through the kitchen.

"Yeah, I ended up going to the game after all and I was tired so I stayed over at Audrey's." She excused herself.

"Really?"

"Really." She snapped, running her hand through her long hair and storming up the stairs to her bedroom.

She stormed into her room and was met with two familiar faces.

"Audrey? Noah?" She questioned seating herself next to Audrey on her bed.

"Your mom let us in." Noah explained, looking down at his feet.

"She's my aunt, my mum's dead."

"Oh, sorry."

"Look, we just wanted to know where you've been. You weren't home when I called last night and this morning you were meant to go with me to Rachel's wake." Audrey stated, turning to face Sidney - choking on the last words.

"I'm sorry I was busy." She sighed, not making eye contact with either of them.

"Busy? Doing what? It's almost dark, you were gone for a whole day!" Noah accused, a disappointing look coating his face.

"You didn't get any weird messages did you?" Audrey asked.

"No. Why?"

"Riley and Brooke did, they're with Emma sorting it out now. I don't know where." 

"Listen, I've got to get to work. Talk it out alright?" Noah said, before turning and walking out of Sidney's room.

"You skipped school, you didn't come home, you missed Rachel's wake. What's wrong?" Audrey asked, her voice now quiet. She was still upset, she hadn't had time to mourn like she needed. But Sidney couldn't explain, she didn't know how. Audrey's hands were holding onto Sidney's.

"Maybe I just don't care!" She snapped pulling her hands away and standing up. "I don't care about school, or my stupid Aunt or Rachel."

Audrey's face fell and quickly turned angry.

"You need to sort your shit out Sidney."

"Get out of my house." Sidney demanded. 
"Fuck you!" Audrey shouted, pushing on Sidney's chest harshly and storming out.

Sidney laid down on top of her covers and cried for what felt like hours, ignoring the concerned voice of her Aunt through the door.

It was dark out when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

NEW MESSAGE FROM: K

Riley's been sorted out, got a job for you. You'll need Jake's number.