believe me

Unedited

"Audrey, Audrey, stop! Please, please, believe me!" Sidney begged, chasing after Audrey into the lobby - tears pouring out of her eyes as she ran.

"Oh my god, I - I need to call an ambulance...and the police." Audrey exclaimed, her hands clumsily fumbling around the counter for the phone.

"Alright, alright - call an ambulance and help Jake." Sidney decided "but it's really, really not what you think. Trust me. Please. I'll explain everything." She begged, staring into Audrey's cloudy eyes.

"Okay." Audrey sighed, dialing 911 and watching with trepidation as Sidney dashed out of the doors and into her car out front. 

Sidney sat in her front seat, just around the corner and waited until she saw an ambulance come rolling up into the car park. She saw the medics come pouring out and into the theater and eventually wheeling away Jake. The police showed minutes later, questioning Audrey about what she'd seen - going against her head and denying anything had been caught on the security cameras.

Eventually, Audrey clambered into the seat next to Sidney but didn't shut the door fully. Sidney sighed when she realised Audrey didn't trust her.

"Explain. Now." Audrey demanded.

"Kieran and Piper are the killers."
"What?"

"Please, just hear me out. Kieran and I...share a father. Piper and Emma share a mother. They've been working together, Piper to punish Emma for having a good life and Kieran...well he's just a fucking psycho with daddy issues. They tried to get me to help them. I refused - there's no way I would want to hurt anyone."

"But you did. You stabbed Jake."

Sidney took in a sharp breath, remembering how it felt to force the knife into Jake's stomach. "I can't justify that. But they threatened to kill you and I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to you."

"You'd kill all those innocent people, to keep me safe?"

"Yes, I'm sorry, but yes."

  ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ ∘ 

"Are you sure neither Kieran or Piper have been here?" Audrey questioned Noah. The three of them were stood against the counter at Noah's work, deciding on a plan of action against the real killers.

"No! Do you really have that little faith in me Audrey?"

"Yes" Audrey and Sidney snorted, chuckling. Sidney was trying to act normal but the guilt of Jake was still weighing her down. She hadn't actually visited him in hospital yet but those who had told her he would be fine. Jake woke up a couple days ago and one of the first things he asked was whether Sidney was alright or not - had the killer gotten her too. Sidney cried into Audrey for almost an hour when she found out.

"Okay, so, Audrey are you alright with being used as bait?"

"Yes. I think so. Haven't got much of a choice do I?" She laughed nervously.

"You do. You as well, Noah. It's been less than two days since Riley...passed and 'rachelsgirl' is still your phone password." Sidney insisted.

"I'm okay. I have to be. Riley's dead because of them, I want to avenge her."

"Yeah, and anyways Rachel's not my password anymore. I changed it..." Audrey persisted, shrugging.

Neither of them were okay but Noah had decided once Kieran and Piper had been caught that he'd be able to move on and Audrey home screen was still a picture of Rachel at their spot but her phone password now included the word 'Sidney'.

"Alright" Sidney sighed, pulling out her phone.

NEW MESSAGE TO: K

How about Audrey as our next target? Emma still thinks Audrey doesn't like her. She'll feel so guilty when we gut her.

NEW MESSAGE FROM: K

I like your thinking, we always knew you had it in you. Congratulations, killer. Get her to the bowling alley tomorrow at 8, all three of us will make an appearance.

"It's done. How does bowling sound to you Audrey?"