mission accomplished

Unedited

Jake had agreed to meet Sidney at Zenith Theater after it had shut, Sidney claiming to have important information about Mayor Maddox. She had no idea why Jake would be interested in Brooke's father but Kieran had told her it would work; and it did.

She was seated in front of the screen, when Jake tapped her on the shoulder.

"How'd you find out?"
"What?"

"Are you really going to make me say it?" He sighed, feeling guilty. Sidney was a curious person, in more ways than one but she was already in a big enough mess; she didn't need to be involved with anything to do with the mayor.

"No. No, it's fine. Look I - "

ding!

Sidney looked down at her phone, the screen displaying a message that read.

NEW MESSAGE FROM: K

It's 11, time for you to do your job.

"Jake, the killer. He's here! We have to hide!" Sidney gasped, her body beginning to shake.

"Hey, hey, we're gonna be fine. Sidney go hide, I'll find a way out of here. Go!"

Sidney dashed behind the seats and watched as Jake pulled at the exit doors but Sidney had locked every way out already. She reached into her bag and pulled out the costume Kieran had given her and quickly slipped it on including the mask which smelt like bleach.

Gripping the sharp knife behind her back, she crept over to where Jake was frantically pulling and pushing on the doors.

Just as she got less than a meter away he turned and screamed.

"No! No! Sidney, run!"

She felt so guilty as she gripped his forearm and pulled him into her, forcing the knife into his stomach.

He let out a heart wrenching guttural groan and fell limp against her before sliding down onto the floor. A sob wreaked itself out of Sidney as she slid the blood-covered knife out of Jake and fell to her knees. Trembling, she pulled off her mask and threw it across the room.

"Ow!" Someone shrieked across the theater. "Really a Brandon James' mask? My shift ended five minutes ago but I can't leave 'til you get your ass out of here -"

Sidney lifted her head and turned towards the familiar voice.

"Sidney? Oh my god." Audrey gasped. "No, no, no ,no,no" She shook her head, trying to believe it wasn't real and Sidney's heart broke when Audrey ran out into the lobby knowing she thought Sidney was the killer. She was the killer now.

{super short chapter but I felt that this would be a good place to stop???}