Chapter 9

Maria couldn't hear the conversations between Mister Smooth and his fiancé. She also couldn't help imaging what they were doing behind closed door either. Shaking her head, she walked towards the elevator. She needed to return her mom's car and see if she can catch a ride from Vanilla to grab her car back at Tear Drop Island. It was still there from three days ago. She rolled her eyes at the thought of how much her life was flipped upside down within that first 24 hours.

"You didn't get any actions?" Vanilla asked again, very disappointed there wasn't any juicy details to be shared from Maria.

"No, I got a lot of actions. Correction, drama. Too much drama! His fiancé staged the whole set-up to get him to come into the office early. Who knows what they were doing in his office."

"Is that a hint of jealousy I'm hearing?"

"No! Vanilla he stoled my first kiss. I'm thinking of revenge, remember? It's kind of hard when he has a fiancé."

"Bestie, there is a reason why you just experienced your first kiss. With revenge, it doesn't matter if there is a fiancé involved."

"Fine. I still have the right to be mad."

"Yes, you do. We're pulling up to the parking lot now. Your car is still there. Safe and sound."

"You are a great bestie!"

"I know. See you later then."

Maria got out of the car and got into hers. When the door closed, Vanilla felt her phone buzzed and she picked it up. She didn't have to hear the voice to know who was on the other line. She already recognized the number.

"Yeah," she responded quietly, "she is fine. She doesn't know anything yet. It looks like they've met though. She left before they came out. Alright. Bye."

"What do you mean she's your secretary now? Our agreement is null and void if she is not reinstated back as my secretary!" Maria could hear shouting from inside the office as she got closer. The rest became muffled and she couldn't hear the remainder of the conversation.

She stared at the gray door, contemplating if she should interrupt or not. Before she could decide, the door swung open and Stephan stomping out with a glaring look. His reaction changed to horrified when he realized it was her.

"I am so sorry about my behavior the other night. I don't know what to say. Please forgive me," he finally spoke with an embarrassed face.

"You must have your reasons," Maria smiled awkwardly.

"Yes, however, they are not acceptable. I will make it up to you. For now, please excuse me," He left the office. Maria cautiously walked into the office, towards the desk. Mister Smooth was as aloof as ever with his poker face. She couldn't determine if he was having a bad day or what. Her face felt flushed and her heart quicken with each step. The one thing on her mind was what happened earlier in the morning between his fiancé and him.

"How could you?" She asked unexpectedly. The question came right out before she could take it back.

"I do not want to discuss it," He responded.

"You already have a fiancé and you kissed me!" She refuted. When he didn't respond. She felt even angrier, "You stole my first kiss. You acted as though nothing happened. You kissed me! And you already have a fiancé!"

"Maria," he calmly spoke as he got up.

"No! I want an explanation." She demanded, not knowing where she found the courage to fight back. Before she realized, he was standing in front of her. He took her hands and her heart skipped a beat.

"Can you handle the explanation?" He asked, inches from her face.