Part 8: Café stops and eyeball pops

"Wait say that again" Lara demanded
"I have a... Date... With Francis..." I mumbled
"Oh my god" Georgia said spouting her hands about, shocked.
"How did this even happen?" Lara quizzed
" It hardly like you can talk to anyone without shaking"
"Thanks Lara, and you know how he gave me his numb-" I was cut off by Georgia
"That doesn't explain your courage does it? "
"Uh... I don't know how to explain it but i'm done with this interrogation I need to get ready" Swiftly I moved on.
"Hmmm don't think we don't notice you changing the subject... But I suppose it's for good reason." Georgia reasoned.
***
After about 2 hours I walked downstairs to my friends.
"Is that seriously what you're wearing kathy?" Georgia criticised
"Hey! Ginge she looks fine" Lara snapped. She replied with a angered sigh. I tilted my wrist to check the time. It was 1pm.
"Who the hell wears watches? Just check your phone" Georgia said
"Hey, it's a little of eccentricity" I replied in a high pitched tone as I was half way out the door. Eagerly I jumped into Lara's car and started the engine. They rushed to the door somewhat expecting this prince to pick me up with a horse and carriage. Disappointment filled their faces. After making eye contact with Lara she pulled a face as to have given up, like a mother and a child misbehaving. While smiling, I shrugged my shoulders at her. She sighed. I read the word "fine" from her lip as she walked away. Georgia? She was waving repeatedly. Did someone give her too much pepsi? I waved back as I pulled off my gravel drive and sped down the street into the fresh, summer air. Birds tweeting and the sun gleaming off my windscreen- it gave me a sense of positivity and confidence I hadn't felt in ages.
***
After reaching the café, I had a strange skip in my step as I opened the door. My nostrils filled with fresh, barista style coffee, people's conversations created a calm, crafted atmosphere built to engage the shy. Tranquil acoustic music played under the peaceful talkative overtones. Pastel pink and brown cover the wall in abstract stripes. Artistic paintings dotted the lonely or disturbed wallpaper. I glare around the room to spot the man I was supposed to meet. After analysing every person my chest dropped to find he wasn't there. Quickly, I decided that what If came early? Or that if I was here that I should definitely try something to eat as my stomach was griping for something. I found a suitable table right at the back and ordered a cupcake and some tea- because why not? Right? Just as my order came I heard a bell ring. Hopeful, I looked towards the door with a face full of vanilla and strawberry cupcake- It just had to him. I grabbed a napkin and fumbled it around my mouth with one hand and put the cake down with the other. As he approached I put on a smile.
"Hello Sorry i'm a little late" his deep voice said. After a couple seconds of admiring his voice I replied
"Hi and it's fine"
"I see you've already ordered" he said
" It seems your analysis is correct" I stupidly replied
"I'm a dork I know" I quickly added
"Don't worry it's cute" he expressed
"Now would you like to grab your food and we can head out" Francis suggested
"But where are we going?" I asked as I grabbed my order.
"Surprise" he added holding the door for me. I stared blatantly at him then he tilted his head and rolled his eyes. We both cracked up as we walked down the cobble pave wondering, where the hell is he taking me?