Rescued at last.

A social worker heard about sonic from the police. It had been awhile since they had heard from Cecelia and the social worker named Kayla went to check on them. She brought a police officer with her.  She knocked on the door. Cecelia came to the door. "What do you want? The room isn't ready still. Go home!" Kayla had heard stories like that before. She forced the door open. "Where's the baby?" Cecelia got mad. "Your trying to take him from me!" The cop put hand cuffs on her. Kayla then asked again. "Where is the baby! Cecelia tell us!" Just then they heard a faint whining coming from the basement. "No please! Don't take him! Please!" Kayla went into the basement and gagged at the foul smell. Sonic was laying on a mat and he hadn't had a diaper change in awhile. She could also see he hadn't been fed very well because she could see his ribs. His cheeks were stained with tears.

"What have they put you through you poor thing." She picked him up and he made uncomfortable whines. She then knew he needed some affection and better care.  She brought him to a table and took off his diaper and after cleaning him up she saw that his butt was really red. She then took some cream and rubbed it on him. She heard him making sounds of relief. She then put him in a clean diaper and picked him up. He snuggled up to her. "We'll find you a home." She said walking with sonic out to a truck.